Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe D'Huez - tell me everything

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So have booked ADH for the 28th March. Have read the bumf int he brochures, had a read around on several websies and so far, the general concensus seems to be of a big, varied, snowsure resort that although a bit spread out, has a great lift system.

The four of us have varying abiities but we're all confident and not fazed by blacks so what runs do we 'need' to try? Have heard about L'Tunnel not being all it's cracked up to be and that La Sarenne is a run of two halves; steep and challenging at the top and totally flat and annoying at the bottom for boarders. What are the key cruisers and the scarey ones we should try?

Also, how is it for getting around to Vaujany, oz and the other villages? is it a case of just popping over or do you have to really plan your route and take a good wedge of time to get around?

What's the score with the Les2alpes and Serre Chevalier inclusion on the lift pass - do you ahve to arange yur own ransportor is there a public bus put on. May give one of those resorts a go if we feel we have the time - L2A is definitely on the radar.

Any other info would be most usefull so all ADHJ lovers, get writing and make me wish there wasn't two and half weeks still to go!! Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did you try searching? Hints and tips on runs to do and places to eat in ADH has been covered several times
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sideshow_Bob, yep, done a serach but there seems to belittle in the way of big threads that cover a lot - the majority are just one or two posts long.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1138432&highlight=alpe+dhuez#1138432
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1137233&highlight=alpe+dhuez#1137233
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1134831&highlight=alpe+dhuez#1134831

It's very easy to get to the various areas. Even going relatively slowly you can easily do any of the extremities and back in a morning. IIRC there is a public bus once a week from ADH to LDA but there's also the option of the helicopter over. To be honest there's enough good skiing in ADH to last almost anyone a week. Tunnel is a good mogully run but it depends on conditions. All the blacks down from the Clocher de Macle are fun, as is the long black down into Vaujany - combine it with Tunnel, Les Rousses and Chalets for a great no-uplift 2km vertical - try it non-stop if you dare. If you're up for that try the 8k challenge which is doing each of the 2km vert non-stop runs in one day.

There's stacks of great off-piste too. Check out pistehors or any of Arno's threads on Alpe D'Huez.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sideshow_Bob, cheers - looked at the first few threads and they all seemed to be going nowhere. Thanks for those links Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
great ski area try the restaurant at the top of the 1st stage of the 3 stage gondola for an evening meal they pick you up in a piste basher. the pizzeria near that gondola is very good as well. Traipsing over to serre chevalier probably not worth it. you can bus or helicopter if wealthy to L2D
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Specialman, this thread is very helpful (at least, I found it so last year!)

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=870449&highlight=alpe+dhuez#870449

Incidentally, we were in L2A last week & our helicopter flight was (unsurprisingly, given the lack of vis) cancelled again rolling eyes Maybe next year... just means we have to keep going back, I suppose Laughing It's 65 euro now, btw - probably worth it, but then again, I think the bus is only 8 euro...

Alpe d'Huez is a great resort - we were rather sad to miss out on our day there. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
La Balme and Canyon Reds are excellent runs...Sarenne is nice... aim to start it at about 1pm so u can have lunch in the rustic little restaurant in the valley.... all the blacks are decent runs and pretty much all are "proper blacks"
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy