Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

There is this board I like...

Poster: A snowHead
It's all mountain, and on "get rid of stock sale" at £80... I haven't tested it but I love the design (you can see the wood..) and the description puts it as suitable for my level...
My problem is I am 77kg and 5ft9 so should go for the 157...
But they only git 152s left...
I still want it, is this a stupid thing to do?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i suppose you could always try it out in pipe or park and if it's still too small (how does the weight factor align?) sell it here or on fleabay. £80 is a very good price for a board.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
specs say 152 is 40-70kg, 157 is 50-80kg...
I don't do park or pipe yet..95% piste at this point... I am intermediate..the board is "designed for intermediate/advanced snowboarders looking for versatility and easy spinning." and "feels lightweight and performs well on all types of terrains"
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
uh oh, in that case, you're too heavy for it. sorry mate. it'll end up being a split board and not in a way that can help you skin up a mountain! leave the bargain for the wife if it suits her! it looks like a cool board too.

never thought i'd ever tell a frenchman he was too "heavy" for something... lol
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's the board that I like...
Now more than ever, it gives me butterflies,
it makes my stomach queezy every time it slides bye....
I know i can be lighter if I try!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kruisler, I know it's £50 more, but this is a steal - http://www.filarinskis.co.uk/store/product_details.vc?productId=8808&categoryId=1386

Also, why not have a butchers on ebay? Found this Endeavour Guerilla, which is an ace board at £140
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Specialman,

Thanks...but I don't actually really need a board...I just loved the wood on that other one and thought at £80 it was cheap enough to treat myself.. Toofy Grin
Nevermind.... I'll wait a bit more and spend more money on a good board when I do really need to change.. Very Happy

rogg, Ask admin for a poetry section..you never know! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

oh my go i think i've turned into a south park nerd
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rogg, Laughing that you have.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kruisler, Decathlon in France have some in stock & they are made in france so could you not get any of your rellies to source a bargain & you pick it up when you visit ?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Buy the right size or walk away.

Unless you are buying a Lib Tech... who will sell you whatever they have and tell you rocker will make up for you riding a board built for a 12 year old girl.

Walk away.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can't see what make it is, but I would always excercise caution buying a no name brand. Although £80 is cheap for a board there may well be a reason for that, ie: it's crap, even if it looks nice....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ronaldothefrog, as DDS said, it's from Decathlon which isn't as good as pure board brands but is still decent quality. The board itself was close to £200 full price. They just getting rid of stock. Plenty of good prices and not just their own stuff. They had good Salomon and Rossignol stuff as well but very little stock. Debbi, i like your thinking...thanks for the idea
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fair enough, shame you can't try before you buy.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks everyone..
I did not succomb to temptation and do the stupid thing.
It must have been a popular board because even in France, were they are not on sale and still advertised at €200, they are completely out of stock.
Here only the Lakeside shop seem to have any in stock at all, but obvioulsy the wrong size..
Nevermind...
Bring April on now so I can try my new APO bindings on my old board.. snowHead
latest report
Kruisler, understood - I get those urges where I have to buy something just for the fun of it all the time... you should see my collection of novelty toilet seats!! Smile
latest report
Specialman,
You can't beat our sparkly/shiny/disco toilet seat... Shocked
always the talk of the house when new visitors are staying! Laughing

I blame my wife...
snow report
Specialman, Kruisler, speechless Laughing
snow conditions
See, I don't buy this weight specification thing. I'm riding a 162, but I weigh 115kg. There are no snowboards (so far as I know) which even come close to specifying a weight range which includes me.

Admittedley, my 162 is firm and wide at 262mm, but I have managed to ride around on a flexy 151 (a Head something-or-other) last year when nothing else was available and although it was a bit jittery, the main problem with that was the width (or lack thereof) to counteract my large feet.

Try it, see if you like it. If you do, buy it. If you don't, don't. Simple as Little Angel
ski holidays
Shallimus, I'm 6' 3" and weigh 85kg but I ride a 157/158. I sarted offf on a 166 – the right size for my weight and height (apparently) - but it just did't feel right. Shorter boarders are the bollox - everyone should be made to ride one to find out just how good they are Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy