Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel @ Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Interested to know what people think about Meribel for Easter week, does the panel think there may be some white stuff to slide on Puzzled
Never been there but found a reasonable deal wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There will be, but Meribel 1450 can get a bit slushy in the afternoon. You can go up to Val T or up the Saulire or Combe Vallon mega red in my opinion, and the snow should be good at the higher levels.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
provenjohn, we'll be there for Easter and I'm sure it will fine given the amount of snow that's just fallen and is due to fall. As radar, says it will be slushy on the lower slopes in the afternoon but there should still be plenty of skiing to be had. Although earlier than this year so much snow fell over last Easter that the lifts opened late and there was great powder to be had. We were still skiing in Meribel last year (again mostly the upper slopes) at the end of April. Take the deal and have a great time snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've been to VT for the last ~5 Easters and always skied down into Meribel-Mottarett, it can be pretty slushy for most the day at that level but over the 3V's there's loads of good snow to be found (Easter's pretty early this year as well).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

(Easter's pretty early this year as well).

I thought it was relatively late (approximate date range is 23rd March to 23rd April).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Like Steph and Hoppo, we have ski'd the 3V's over the last few Easters and will be there again this year from 4th to 12th April (1 week earlier than we were there last year. we are based in Les Menuires, but always make a trip or 2 into Meribel.

As the others have said, there should still be great sliding to be had, particularly higher up. Mont Vallon is probably my favourite part of the whole 3V. Fantastic both on and off piste. Don't forget the La Masse area of les Menuires which, depending where you are in Melibel, you can access by 2 gondolas (1 in Meribel then ski all the way down to Masse 1 in Les Menuires). The top part, Masse 2, ususally holds good snow even late in the day. Again there is great off piste off the back of la Masse down to Lac du Lou if that is your bag.

Book up and enjoy!

As an aside, its only 3 weeks on Saturday until we go - I cant wait!! Just typing this message got me excited again.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
weedram, La Masse how could i forget, its not that busy especially in the morning as everyone is heading the other way.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
provenjohn, Just to make you aware - the British Children's Championships are in Meribel the week leading up to Easter. Not sure how much disruption this causes, but just something to think about.

9 y/o son is gutted because he wants to enter and doesn't quite get the 'liquidity crunch' thing....... Sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
weedram, Interested to see you have been based in Les Menuires - we are off there for the first time 29th March - mixed bag of abilities from cautious mums, daredevil teenagers and their dads trying to keep up with them.... any tips? Skied in La Tania a couple of years ago and managed to get over to a bit of the Les Menuires side but didn't go down to St Martin or up to VT.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

As radar, says it will be slushy on the lower slopes in the afternoon but there should still be plenty of skiing to be had.

It's very warm at the moment; going slushy on south facing slopes at 1600m before mid-day today! The amount of snow around at the moment is probably not much of a guide to what it will be like at Easter - the weather between now and then is more relevant (and nobody knows). The last two Aprils have been particularly good - but I think it was the year before, when it was very warm, I drove to Val Thorens because snow here was so bad. The whole Belleville Valley was green till we got past Les Menuires. The odd little ribbon of brown stuff - which might have been snow! Val T was good, though bakingly hot and that top bit (the chairlift with the disconcerting dismount, where you start off down a glacier bit) was extremely slushy and mogulled. Quite fun to ski slowly!

If I had no booking, and was looking for more guarantee of good snow at Easter, I'd look at Tignes.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
buttery, the blues down to St Martin are nice, gentle and wide. Also Grand Lac and Bd del la Becca are friendly blues. VT can be icy first thing in the morning. Some of the red runs off Peclet glacier stay hard longer - I guess cos they're either north facing or are in shadow more. VT can get a bit like the M25 when busy especially in front of the funitel Peclet and that run gets what I can only describe as rollercoaster ripples as the day progresses. It's like driving over a cattle grid so irksome rather than scary in any way. The 4th Valley runs (Orelle) can be quieter than other parts of VT as can the runs off Plan de L'Eau chair but that's probably because it's slow. Your gung-ho teenagers can have a shot at Combe de Caron if they feel lucky.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
provenjohn, 3 or 4 weeks to g Smile plenty of time for snow and any other weather you can imagine ! Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
buttery, As weedram says La Masse is good area, depending were you are in Les M take either the Rocher Noir chair or the Masse 1 buble at the you have a choice go further up, I'll come back to that, you can take the blue Vallons down nice blue or you can take the red Les Envers, which is actualy more like a blue, great run first thing in the morning. Going further up, ski down from the Masse 1 to the Masse 2 bubble then at the top two choices, the Masse black can have some moguls, for the less brave (me) take Fred Covil or Cretes the start is a bit steep but its really wide. A fabulous red is Jerusalem over towards St Martin, its not to challenging. you get these by taking the roc des marches bubble then either go right to the becca chair or left to the roc des 3 marches chair and then its a blue all the way down to the st Martin 2 chair, those that don't fancy Jerusalem can have a van chaud at bar by the chari,and wait for the others to do the run. Another one for you is the blue mont de la chambre, the more adventurous can go down the 4 vents or hop over to the black Leo Lacroix (never skied it so can comment). Despite sking the 3 vales three times in the last 12 month have never manged to do much in VT, went in December and it was freezing, going in you have the choice of a blue beings with a P? or a short black which is wide. hope that helps Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
radar, andajl, many thanks both of you - will print out your advice and read it (probably with a drink whilst others tackling something tricky!) Jerusalem sounds good...can't wait. Thanks again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy