Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

T Minus 4 (Working) Days 'Till We Head To Val.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I still get the rush and the daydreams the week before going skiing & boarding.

As many who use this fantastic site, i have been travelling to all weird and wonderful places to play in the snow over the years.

This will be my 2nd trip this year and the families 1st (ever). I just can't wait to see my little fella's face when we arrive in Val and he see's all that wonderful snow.

I'm trying not to plan anything and just "go with the flow". Even though granny is going to watch the wee man so we can get a bit of skiing and boarding in, i'm finding it increasingly difficult not to.

I've been looking at the Val web cam for about 3 months, 300 times a day! (as often as i log on to Snowheads). Yesterday and today it has dropped about 3' of freshies. I've got the skis and boards in the garage ready for a service tonight and i've just opened a bottle of Pinot Noir to help me along the way.

I just can't wait to get over there and meet some really good friends (who live and work in Val) we've not seen since the arrival of our son, so we can show him off a wee bit. Cool

And yes (i know) its sad. I've packed all the luggage, ready for the off.

So fellow Snowheads; i'll report when we get back to give an accurate account of the conditions we had in Val and also to tell you's how my son got on with his 1st snow adventure.

Kev. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kev360 wrote:
I still get the rush and the daydreams the week before going skiing & boarding.

Is that all?

I don't go until a week after you, but I've been like that for a month now rolling eyes

Quote:

As many who use this fantastic site, i have been travelling to all weird and wonderful places to play in the snow over the years.

This will be my 2nd trip this year and the families 1st (ever). I just can't wait to see my little fella's face when we arrive in Val and he see's all that wonderful snow.

How old is he?

Hate to burst your bubble, but anything under about 3.5 - 4 years old, and he will probably hate the snow - cold wet, cant walk in it, etc.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No, not sad....well I hope not. wink

We're heading to Tignes this weekend - everything booked, bags packed, and already listening to the Tignes radio station on-line for local updates on conditions...

Good luck with the little one and enjoy! Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Heading to Val at the same time and also glued to webcams so I dont think this is sad at all.

This will also be our last skiing holiday before the exact scenario you describe - persuading everyone to book on a skiing holiday with Granny to look after the new little one. rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Where's "Val"? Val Thorens? Val d'Isere? Valmorel? Val Cenis? Val di Fassa? Valloire? Valmeinier?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kev360, We are heading off for that week too. I've been having skiing dreams every night since returning after xmas!!! I've had everything laid out on the spare bed for ages, so I don't think you are sad at all. Smile

I don't agree with alex_heney, our little boy has been coming with us since he was 17 months old and skiing since 2 years 4 month and he loves it. He had his first experience of ski school at xmas and can't wait to do it again next week.

As long as your son is well wrapped up and warm and the skiing is made fun, then he'll enjoy it. If you are expecting him to be Bode Miller after 2 hours, he may not!! wink

Have a great time and I hope your family enjoy their first trip. Let us know how everything goes. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hyweljenkins wrote:
Where's "Val"? Val Thorens? Val d'Isere? Valmorel? Val Cenis? Val di Fassa? Valloire? Valmeinier?

In ski circles Val is always Val d'Isere.
Val thorens is VT
Valmorel is Gill Morrel
Val Cenis is Val Cenis, Val Cenar, Val Cenis, Val Cena-a-a-a-a-a-a
Val di Fassa is Canazei, Campitello, Pozza, etc
Valloire is just Valloire and Valmeinier is plain old Valmeinier.

When a man is tired of Val d'Isere, he is tired of life... Laughing

I think I'm going mad as 4 days til Avoriaz Embarassed
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nickster, really? I've been there twice and have never referred to Val d'Isere as "Val". "Val, dahling", maybe, but never just "Val".
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alex. The little fella loves playing in the snow up here. He's a sturdy little boy. He's 2 now and will probably be playing in the 1st row when he's 5. (according to Papa) Very Happy . The only problem we envisage is getting him back to the apartment without the water-works starting.

hyweljenkins - I have always known Val d'Isere as Val. When speaking to other people about Val, know-one has ever asked Val what/where? But i will now look out for the signs that they don't have a clue what i'm on about. Toofy Grin

number9dream - You'll have a great time. My future trips will be funded by praying to the 6 Lotto numbers to hurry up and deliver!

Avago - Mrs Kev360 has spent a small fortune on thermal underware, neck warmers, hats, gloves, goggles, sunnies, fleeces' and technical outerware for the boy.(as well as a new all-terrain Quinny Speedi 3 wheeler pram with pneumatic tyres and disk brakes???????. now my budget is totally goosed) She got these really cool Sorrell therma-insulated boots for him too. Thery are like my North Face Baltoro boots but for kiddies. Thank god we're not travelling with RA or EJ as he would need to pay extra luggage allowance. lol. Very Happy

I also wish you a great trip and i'll report when i get back.

Kev. Very Happy (3 working days to go).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hyweljenkins, you may not have done. but lots of people do.

kev360, have a wonderful time.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hyweljenkins, certainly is referred to as Val. I work in the industry and it's just a given...........honest.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi everyone.

This is the first chance i've had to sit at the computer since we've been back from Val.

Wow-Wow-Wow-Wow.

A total Bluebird week of skiing and boarding.

The accomodation was super. Really convenient for the Supermarkets,shops and most important of all Piste Access.
It also provided us with underground parking which meant the car was not frozen on our departure at 5am.

Granny spent the mornings when the wee fella was sleeping sunning herself on the balcony with a glass or 3 of wine in total bliss.
We had the sun from early morning to sunset @ the apartment with a cracking view looking towards the Solaise Express.

Managed to progress the Mrs from the 'Free' Nursery slopes @ the bottom of the Solaise after day 2. By day 6 she had managed to parallel turn down Madaline. I was so chuffed for her as it was her first time on ski's and also her first time on real snow on a real gradiant. She was a bit sketchy on the chairlifts the first couple of times but after a few runs the fear was gone.

Spent 2 afternoons out on the board by myself as 4hrs (a day) was enough for the Mrs.

Afternoons for the rest of the week involved using the free sledge from the apartments to whisk my son around on.

Went down to Bourge on the Thursday as Granny had pounded the pavements of Val enough and i though she deserved a change of scenery.

I'm not going to go on about the prices in Val as i feel that ground has been covered enough on here already.

My friends who have business's over in Val have been shocked @ the down-turn of British visiting. They recon only about 30% of their usual clients have turned up so far this season.
The towns bars and restaurants were very quite all week.

But on the upside (if there is 1) bookings have been taken already for 2010. So people who have sat tight this year have booked up i recon for next as the current domestic situation lightens.

We had a Citroen C4 Picasso 2ltr Diesel. It had enough room for 3 adults 1 baby seat (full size) 4 hold-alls 1 ski bag, 1 board bag and a 3 wheeler stroller.

We had to transit through T5 and i was a little bit aprehensive as to where or if my luggage would arrive @ Geneva. Not to worry fellow Very Happy i have to say it was the most seamless transit i have ever had @ an airport. Maybe i was lucky or something but it made the journey alot less stressfull. I have to also give the BA staff a mention as they gave us preferential treatment due to having the little fella along.

All-in-All i have to admit that i have had the best family holiday in ages. Even if i didn't get as much skiing and boarding in as (I) would have liked but that is just being selfish. Next year my son will be old enough to use ESF Village du Enfants so i recom Mummy and i will have an extra hour or so on the piste.

If i have missed anything out that you would like answered (if i can) then please just post a reply>

We had a ball and it has just dumped fresh snow out there yesterday and today.

Kev&Co. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy