Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Injury on piste - the hidden costs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
nextascent, Replacement body?

easiski, My original complaint to the resort Tourist Office was intended to provide them with a customer's perspective on the "resort experience". I wholly believe that nothing in VT will change as a result of my letter. The tone of the responses indicate that they really believe that to make me happy, all they have to do is explain their "system" and why it works fine for them. Perhaps if every 10th person who was put throught the same VT "Euro extractor" had complained, maybe....and Piste Secours skiing of on my skis really p***ed me off, then denying it had happened, in writing...grrr Evil or Very Mad I don't want to ski on my Bandit's anymore, not now some oversized bloke's been on them. I will have them repaired (hopefully) and keep them as rockhoppers. Have bought some Atomic B9W to cheer me up.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowbunny, Although the "you must pay us cash" mantra seems most commin in 3 valleys our recent trip unfortunately sure 2 of us visit the medical centre in Meribel - neither resulted in any demanding of cash.

The first was a dislocated shoulder on piste, taken by piste patrol, treated, given drugs and was able to pay via credit card.
Second was able to ski down and visit the medical centre themselves next day. Again treated, given drugs and able to pay via credit card.

An E111 and UK winter sports insurance helf by both people. Both were able to claim medical expenses back minus excess from insurance company.
HOWEVER, both people were unable to claim money back from insurance company on refund of lift-pass. Both a bit miffed since the french lift pass office said they would be able to, but i guess that's what happens if you have cheaper insurance.

However, I personally am left wondering exactly what the point of an E111 is?!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
magicrichard, Sorry to hear that 2 of your group were hurt, but interested to hear that you were able to pay with c/c/ Perhaps the Belleville Valley is leading the way in cutting admin by getting cash up front which was my experience. If the medical centre handed out a letter to bring home that says (no skiing for x days), this is what the insurers want. The medical expenses section on a policy should usually cover unused ski pass/equipment costs. I had to kick and scream to get mine paid (with said letter), but it got paid. In addition, the 3 vallees lift co. SETAM have a local insurer whom they claim will give (some) refund on ski passes, address in Courchevel, if you want it, I can email you a copy-send me a PM with your email address. I'm with you totally on the E111 issue Puzzled
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy