Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheapest way of renting skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im skiing from 26th march for 7 days and im considerign renting skis instead of buing them. We have been told £85 for boots, poles & skis if we go thru the holiday company but this seems very steep, especially as i have my own boots! Can anyone advise on a cheap way of renting skiis? We are going by coach & ski transport is part of the deal so i dont mind renting them in the Uk and taking them with me, especially if it works out cheaper!

We are going to val thorens, in the alps.

thanks guys Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This thread might be useful - partic. the last entry

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1102570
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To answer your question, the cheapest you will get in France is the "Primo" pack with http://rentasport.sport2000.fr/uk/

Just checked and they are available in VT for your week, €49 for skis, boots, poles.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
or for regular 'blue' standard skis (and poles) - currently priced at €51.60 for the week, in.c 40% online discount.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Andehh, I was just chuckling at your writing "We are going to val thorens, in the alps." and thinking that anyone here who didn't know where Val Thorens was might not give you the best advice. Toofy Grin That said, I still wrote that daft comment. wink

Anyway, I know you have own boots but if you do go for cheaper hire skis, make sure that you go to a bigger shop that will offer you a stiffer non-beginner ski as my guess is if you have own boots, you've skied a bit before and so two year old starter skis might hold you back. Also, for those in your group hiring boots, there're some really old 'rear entry' boots still being hired out on the lowest price hire deals complete with broken straps and fastenings etc.

I've never stayed in Val T but daytripped over there from Courchevel a few years ago and I'm sure you'll have a great time whatever. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Andehh, mate I just got quoted £160 for a week skis only in Lech so it could be worse...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
how do u get the discount - deos anyone have the voucher code?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mmdpkaaa, if you are referring to the sport2000 discount, just book via the website linked above and the discount will be automatically applied.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mmdpkaaa, as above.... the "other" discount is trade/volume only, not for us punters
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hello snowHead

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 16-03-09 9:00; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks for the replies guys, edge2edge seems like the cheapest way of doing it.

Can anyone else think of a cheaper way of renting skis&poles (for an intermediate) for less then £50?

moffatross, yeh now that i think about it the alps bit probably wasnt required, my first time to this resort though so figured better safe then sorry! Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy