Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

APO Expresso bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone with experience of them?

If Ellis Brigham are good on their word I should get my money back on my SP Fastec bindings soon...
As per their recommendation I am looking at the APO Expresso bindings.
The few reviews I found were good and it seems the perfect fast entry/strap binding set-up...
And they're on sale..

So wot you got to say? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bought the matching board yet wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DebbiDoesSnow,
Nah... it's probably only cos' the shop is a few miles away and not all that practical to get to..

Officially I'm trying to be reasonnable... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
wait for next years ride contraband. Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonny luv plums,

ah....

spanner...works.... Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
last week I was at most of the manufacturers showrooms. K2 cinch look really good, the contraband looks good. Even rides normal bindings look good with some weird silicon toe strap thing. Most of the ride ones have full length canted footbeds as well. Ride also do an adjustable stiffness ankle strap. I was well impressed with ride to be honest.
A lot of the big names are doing odd bindings as a pair, burton do 2 different colors for one pair, nitro do an insane pair in mental colors.

obviously I didnt go to flow Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonny luv plums,

I think the Contraband doesn't need funky colors to look odd! Toofy Grin

I like the odd pair/color idea tho! Cool
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
next year the contraband is fluoro yellow Cool The ride DH is the same color, as are the boots, as are the trousers, as are the jackets. Fluoro yellow from board to head. Cool Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
a bit of "ride" branded high vis anyone?! Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Which ones to go for:

or

The second ones are growing one me Embarassed Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
me likes both! but gotta admit to wanting the clashing turquoise/orange combo. in the words of jlp "it rocks"
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kruisler, you know you want the blue&orange ones, why are you in denial
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
are they made from ride parts? I'd watch those toe straps, I see a lot of them split in the middle.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
blue & orange for sure !

I have had ride toe straps for 3-4 yrs, not a hint of a split NehNeh
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow, obviously I'm on about people who actually use them.
ski holidays
Kruisler is a casual user too so your comment doesn't apply to most of the people on here
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, masmith,

I lov' em but don't know if I can pull them off..

Jonny luv plums,

I have no idea where the pars come from if there not APO's own. The few reviews I have found don't mention any issues

And APO's French, so they can only be good of course.. Toofy Grin
snow report
Embarassed
snow report
what you done now Laughing
snow report
Quote:

Thank you for placing your order.
Your goods will be dispatched a.s.a.p. subject to availability and credit authorisation.
If you have any queries please email or call us quoting your order reference 1#########
You have ordered the following items:

===========ITEM DETAILS===========
Product Code: ######
Product Description: Expresso 08/09
Unit Price: 110.00
Quantity: 1
Size: LRG:Large US 8.5-11.5
Colour: 940:Grey/Blue/Orange

rolling eyes
latest report
Cool you went for the orange ones !! nothing to be embarrased about wink
snow conditions
I received the bindings yesterday.
All I can say is I hope they are as solid and good as they feel and look..
I can see where my money went...
I don't see myself as tight but I am often cynical with expensive names/brands and think you can often get equivalent quality from lesser know brands and at better value..

But those bindings make a very good first impression when out of the box. Loads of solid aluminium parts, good quality plastics..Every thing fitting tigh and nice.. Can't wait to take them out at Easter.. Cool

They even come with a leash.. wink
latest report
Kruisler wrote:

Keep your private life to yourself Toofy Grin
snow report
masmith,

I thought we were at that stage where we could share experiences! Toofy Grin
snow report
Well at least you spelt it right unlike the other 2 threads Razz
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow,
It's about time I teach you lot how to speak and spell proper...
latest report
Kruisler, sorry just re-read that ... I didn't mean you had mis-spelt it ! I meant the titles of the other 2 threads Embarassed Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow,

No worries. I understood and tried to take "the frog that speaks english better than the locals.." funny angle ..
Obviously the joke didn't work...should have added a smilie! Laughing
snow conditions
Kruisler, sorry that was a whoosh moment ! We have just had a whole office spin off discussion (dictionaries out & allsorts) on whether 'spelt' is a real word as when I typed it on here is was implying I had 'spelt' spelt incorrectly. So I thought you were pointing out that error !

And you probably do speak betterer english than me innit NehNeh
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
Kruisler, sorry that was a whoosh moment ! We have just had a whole office spin off discussion (dictionaries out & allsorts) on whether 'spelt' is a real word as when I typed it on here is was implying I had 'spelt' spelt incorrectly.

You're all very busy then.. NehNeh
ski holidays
I am actually drowning in work, but we all need a little light relief here and there Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Kruisler wrote:
I received the bindings yesterday.
All I can say is I hope they are as solid and good as they feel and look..
I can see where my money went...
I don't see myself as tight but I am often cynical with expensive names/brands and think you can often get equivalent quality from lesser know brands and at better value..

But those bindings make a very good first impression when out of the box. Loads of solid aluminium parts, good quality plastics..Every thing fitting tigh and nice.. Can't wait to take them out at Easter.. Cool

bumping this because I just fitted a pair of apo expressos (the grey/black ones).
Not impressed at all. I see the idea of it but I'll be amazed if something doesnt break in a week of use. At least they have highback rotation.
I removed the little pins in the front ratchet straps, it didnt seem to work as a cap strap at all but the guy has boots way too big for the binding he bought, jonny's top tip - if it's cheap then it probably isnt your size.
snow conditions
Jonny luv plums,

Well we'll see. I doubt I am the type of snowboarder that would give them the type of trashing you would so they might last a bit longer than a week... Hopefully! Toofy Grin
They're getting they first day out in 5 days..

I didn't find anything on the internet suggesting loads of breakage.. And they aren't exactly cheap when on full price..

I am not too sure what pins you're talking about for the front straps.
ski holidays
Kruisler, if you push the toe ladder straps out there are tiny little pins in the bottom, they kind of lock it into a cap strap position, I took them out and now the toe strap moves more freely. They guy whos binding it is was much happier with them. He has a seriously oversized boot in them (uk11) so the flow type part of them doesnt do much. I told him to take them back to the shop when he gets home and give them poo-poo. A basic question when buying bindings should at least be what size foot are you.

I manged to ollie off something the other day and my CO2s went CRACK and they certainly werent cheap Sad Now the heel cups are moving around while the base plates stay still. I dont think its a warranty claim yet but I'll keep thrashing them for a few weeks and see, next years ones are way better with full canted foot beds.
snow report
Jonny luv plums,

Ah...I see which pins you're on about...good tip, just in case...thanks..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy