Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

USA/North America/Canada at Easter ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Where's ok in these regions at this time ?

Am strong intermeadiate skier who's never been across the pond, but as have had to curtail skiing ativities so far this year, have a bit more cash for an end-of-season blast, so would like some info.

Like fast long runs and mixed interesting stuff. eg prefer Davos to Les Arcs. Not so good on moguls, no great off-piste experience but happy to include both. Looking at a fortnight away Smile

Cheers,
Austin 7
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try a similar query on epicski.com and you will get loads of US input, also try a search there as there have been a number of similar queries and threads on this topic.

Generally you will find early April sees a number of areas winding down-usually lack of people as opposed to snow- but still loads of skiing available. Tahoe, Mammoth, most of the Utah resorts, Whistler, Banff will all still be open . All of these areas should be large enough to keep you interested for a couple of weeks with some days off. The benefit is lowish crowds and most likely nice weather- at Tahoe last year it was glorious sunny weather in early April and there was still a fair amount of snow as they had been dumped on big style in early March. Often you can strike lucky and get fairly significant new snow in a storm - we have had that in April at Tahoe 2/3 times and at Whistler.

As you will see from epicski everyone has their own favorite-mine are Whistler and Tahoe, but we are trying Mammoth this year. The benefit of these is that you can tag on a few extra days at your gateway airport city for a bit of variety eg San Francisco for Tahoe, Los Angeles for Mammoth or Vancouver for Whistler. If you go to Banff you can do the same in Calgary or take a few days off to see Banff National Park
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been to Banff / Lake Louise a couple of times at Easter. Strongly recommended Very Happy Good snow and pistes fairly quiet.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went to Breckenridge a few years ago in early Feb, and mine host spent most of the time saying how much better everything was in April, although (because?) fewer people went then. Can't say I was over-impressed with the skiing itself - pretty much all the runs were very short, with the only things approximating to a cruisy Alpine red were the couple of blue-blacks over on Peak 10 (?IIRC -anyway its the one to the far left as you look up at the hill from the town). Really enjoyed my days at Keystone and Vail though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
telford_mike wrote:
Been to Banff / Lake Louise a couple of times at Easter. Strongly recommended Very Happy Good snow and pistes fairly quiet.

I agree; I've been to Banf 6 times at Easter, and at worst the snow has been good, at best great.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ditto re Banff. Search some of the earlier threads.

You've got three local areas accessible, plus possible trips farther afield (Nakiska, Panorama, Kicking Horse). Weather at this time of the year is good. (Not brutally cold, like January). Snow has been good in my experience (like Nick, I've been there for the last 6 years around Easter and have never experienced poor conditions, even when the locals have complained of a "bad" snow year).

Banff is a good base, with a lot of choice of accomodation and good shops and restaurants for those non-skiing moments. The skiing offers a lot of variety, and if you struggle on the bumps, there are some great instructional programmes. (I recommend the "Club Ski" 3-day programme: good value and great instruction).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Acacia wrote:
been there for the last 6 years around Easter and have never experienced poor conditions, even when the locals have complained of a "bad" snow year).

Yes, they're a fussy lot. I haven't used Club Ski but have heard good things of it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
check out kicking horse, in golden, b.c., about 1.5hrs from banff
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tahoe should be pretty good at Easter (I hope so - I've got the week off). If you ski at Squaw one added attraction is that the swimming pool at High Camp (el, 8200 feet) should be open, and some females start skiing in bikinis!!!!! Puzzled snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pollittcl, not when I was there a few Easter's ago. Sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
laundryman, just think what you missed! Shocked snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy