Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I want to share my proudest moment with you all.

Poster: A snowHead
10 years/winters ago, i decided to leave the comfort and security of my home town, a great job, the best friends and family one could ask for. I decided to do this to further my career. I was a bootfitter based in the middle of England, a town not noted for it's snowey mountains!

I was convinced that in order to learn and progress as quickly and a precisely as i felt i could i would have to move to a boot lab in the mountains. My dream, was to discover if my skills and passion could translate into winning results. Could my work, take a great skier and make them better? Could my work help put a great skier into the number one spot?

Well, last weekend, in Squaw Valley during the second round of the Nissan Freeride World Tour 'Tram Face' my dream was realised. I have been investing a huge amount of time and effort into the FWT and the riders. And two of my clients are now laying in 1st Ranked positions for both Male and Female Freeride skiing. Aurelien Ducroz (FRA) and Ane Enderud(Nor)

I am very proud.

Although this happend last week, I only realised last night as i was working on some modifications to Ane's boots. These boots are great fun to build. So last night Ane and I started to do a photo diary of the boot modifications. There is some really funky stuff going on and when she comes back from the next round of the FWT, we will get together and post them up here.

Anyway, as i say this is one of the proudest moments of my life and took me 10 years to realise. Sometimes you just have to give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy these moments.
Blush
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Congratulations snowHead Its an amazing feeling achieving a dream.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, fantastic, well done! It must be wonderful knowing that you are really, really good at what you do. (I've never had that feeling.)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It might be coincidence, but i did both the boots a week before they started training and competing, this year the have both shot up the rankings. I'm sure that there are plenty of factors at work here.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, well done you!! snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, congrats, hope it continues Very Happy

"I'm sure that there are plenty of factors at work here. "

Not least of all your skill, dedication and enthusiasm for what you do. Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think I might celebrate this week. Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

You deserve it, well done that man. Cool
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here's a link to the 'Golden Bibs'.

http://www.radicalsportsmanagement.com/newsevents/index.asp?nid=10
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I got number 4 in Ladies Snowboard too. Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nice one!
interesting how euro-dominated the leading positions are
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno, It is, it's also interesting how much 'Comms' go into promoting the US riders despite that. Evil or Very Mad

Ane barely gets a mention or any great promotion from the tour. But that keeps me busy! Cool
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Good Job ! Made me think of a conversation I was having yesterday with a friend who used to be a coach on the World-Cup circuit. He recounted the time when he saw Pirmin Zurbriggen near the start gate. His boots looked very old and "lived in", were Nordicas but had a few odd clips from Lange, plenty of duct tape, and some kind of home-made plate rivited to the back of one of them... he was obviously comfortable with them Very Happy I guess things have moved on
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Congratulations you should indeed feel very proud. An inspiring account for all who have a dream to pursue.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, awesome dude. If you'd mentioned earlier, I'd have come round and bought you beer. It'll have to wait now...maybe this will spur some sausage making!
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Well done, all your hard work is finally paying off ! . . . I am honored to have met you and had my toes tickled by you Little Angel
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Congrats... Madeye-Smiley Cool Cool
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Nice one fella... remember you talking about her and the coming comps. BTW.. my boots have now bedded in, have gone from the first buckle to the fourth on the top two... and they have revolutionised my skiing. Loving the comfort Cool
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, well done.

BTW can you now apply that brilliant talent to something truly useful on a forum?

Can Cylon soldiers ski? After all they have no hips but merely ginormous trochanters.
snow report
comprex, Will post a boot modification diary when the 2 riders get back, some cool stuff.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, nice one well done.. it's quite rewarding when you have played a part in someones success Cool

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 9-03-09 14:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
skimottaret,"Quite?", i practically won the competitions for them!!!!!!! Laughing
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you should start coaching as well as fitting, you would be a natural Toofy Grin
ski holidays
skimottaret, Tis kinda done. wink
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Well I'm still wearing the boots you fitted me with at Lockwoods and I haven't won ANY competitions Evil or Very Mad Do I get a refund? Little Angel

Well done mate - nice to see your handiwork put to great use! snowHead
snow report
Axsman, Haha, i've had that all week. Laughing
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you still fitting rec skiers? or now mainly doing PR, sponsorship, and equiping your athletes? just curious if you new venture has gotten enough traction to keep you busy full time. if so well done for changing gears so quickly
ski holidays
skimottaret, Doing both and it's working together really well. 4 days at FW, 3 days in the Radical Office. There is alot of 'Cross-over' between the two as i can talk with the guys about stuff while doing their boots. Radical is getting really busy, but it's very early days. Servicing so many athletes is a big job, a massive one infact but i have lots of help and great people working on the project, so it's really good fun.

Yes i still deal with the public, and to be honest i have never enjoyed working with them so much. We are a little quieter this year due to finances, which gives us a bit more time with each client. It has renewed my love for my work and to be honest Radical needs it's fingers in as many pies as it can. Without you, the public, the end user, we have less weight in development and market data. Life is taken a big step forward since my dark days last winter. "No Woman, No Cry." Little Angel
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
does this mean you've given up touring Wink
ski holidays
Arno, Mate, i've been on skis 3 times during the best winter for 10 years. It kinda sucks, but we are all giving 200%
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, plenty of time for skiing when you are sitting on top of your sports management/bootfitting empire Cool

glad it's all panning out well though
snow conditions
Arno, I hope so, that's the idea. 'Radical Towers' wink
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, that all sounds great. only quizzing you as my consulting work which pays the rent has been pretty well been wiped out by the crunch and i am looking to start doing more skiing related gigs... I have a few ideas so it is great to hear that the indisutry isnt totally flat.
snow report
Congrats!!

And:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

An entire week worth of celebrations! Still plenty of ambition obviously! wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Kruisler, We never stop learning, it's a Radical idea i know, just proud that we get these breaks. We love what we do, and will and can still continue to do it despite the crunch.

"Induvidually execellent, Collectively extraordinary" is our moto and whilst we are not excellent in the eyes of all that survey us, we are enjoying the distraction of our new project and are being well received by young and old alike.

skimottaret, Always open to passion and good ideas, if you use Skype, we use the same call sign. The industry is almost flat, but we are seeing youth and creativity in abundance, a new dawn for the industry, at least, that's what we believe.
latest report
Good for you, SMALLZOOKEEPER. How satisfying.
snow report
Servicing so many athletes is a big jobSMALLZOOKEEPER,

It certainly is....but I am sure you're up to it!!!!!
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Good for you mate, you have definetly reached the top of your profession if you are looking after those guys. Must be incredible to be around them, Aurelien is an incredible skier to watch so fluid and quick I love watching these guys and girls.
ski holidays
Gsyfreerider, Cheers, he is a great skier for sure, it will be a shock if he doesn't get the title, but the competition is very strong, last chance to consolidate the points on Thursday!! Can't wait.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, nice one mate.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy