Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Superdevoluy Transfer Help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

What is the cheapest way to get from Grenoble to Superdevoluy?

Would it be best to get the TER train to Gap, then out again?

If you have any websites suggestions it would be greatly appreciated,

Dates are 04/04/2009 - 11/04/2009

Thanks,

Richard NehNeh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
r.t.hollingworth, look on the Devoluy (www.ledevoluy.com) website, under the tab 'acces pratique', and there is info about the buses that run from Grenoble to Devoluy, or from Veynes (which is the closest railway station). It is all in French, and I think the timetable says that the buses from Grenoble only go during French school holiday dates ie mid Feb to mid March, whereas the buses from Veynes go all season. Maybe give the tourist office a ring?

How many of you are there - cheapest and easiest way might be to hire a car if there are several of you. Also, are your flights bought yet - it is often cheaper to fly into Marseille, from where (on Sats) there is a coach up, or you can drive, and although further than driving from Grenoble, it is motorway most of the way and very easy drive.

I am flying to Marseille on 3 April and driving up to La Joue du Loup for a week, we go every year as my sister has a place there. Any more questions, PM me and I will try to help.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi there,

I'm going to SuperDevoluy the exact week as you are.I'll be flying from Paris to MArseille provence airport. But have no idea how to go to the resort. A friend of mine is coming to join the trip but he hasnt got a flight. Anyway, I think we will be at the airport on the 4th/4. Please, let me know how you find out about the transportation to the resort. The snow shutle doesnt operate on that date;-(

Can anyone help, please? I'm from Thailand and have absolutely no idea about how to go about in Europe.

Cheers,

Eff
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
penguin wrote:
Hi there,

I'm going to SuperDevoluy the exact week as you are.I'll be flying from Paris to MArseille provence airport. But have no idea how to go to the resort. A friend of mine is coming to join the trip but he hasnt got a flight. Anyway, I think we will be at the airport on the 4th/4. Please, let me know how you find out about the transportation to the resort. The snow shutle doesnt operate on that date;-(

Can anyone help, please? I'm from Thailand and have absolutely no idea about how to go about in Europe.

Cheers,

Eff

Going about in Europe is not exactly the same as getting to a ski resort in europe which can be more expensive and more hassle.

There is a shuttle on that date 04/04/2009 (last shuttle of the season to devoluy)- look at http://www.navettesblanches.fr/horairesettarifs-en.php

Unfortunately there is only one shuttle that day at 14.15. Does that time suit your flight? If not, I would really suggest hiring a car as Devoluy is 2.5 hours from marseille and a taxi both ways would be expensive and public transport very convoluted. It can be done on public transport if you are not necessarily just doing a 'standard' trip. Provide more details and I'll see if I can help further... i.e. flight times, onward plans and whether you have children in the group.

There is a train that goes from marseille to not too far from devoluy but it is irregular and involves onward transfers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Libertine wrote:
penguin wrote:
Hi there,

Cheers,

Eff

Going about in Europe is not exactly the same as getting to a ski resort in europe which can be more expensive and more hassle.

There is a shuttle on that date 04/04/2009 (last shuttle of the season to devoluy)- look at http://www.navettesblanches.fr/horairesettarifs-en.php

Unfortunately there is only one shuttle that day at 14.15. Does that time suit your flight? If not, I would really suggest hiring a car as Devoluy is 2.5 hours from marseille and a taxi both ways would be expensive and public transport very convoluted. It can be done on public transport if you are not necessarily just doing a 'standard' trip. Provide more details and I'll see if I can help further... i.e. flight times, onward plans and whether you have children in the group.

There is a train that goes from marseille to not too far from devoluy but it is irregular and involves onward transfers.
Hi Libertine,

Thank you for your help. I'm travelling alone, flying from Paris to Marseille provence airport at 14.15 by Rynair. I need to get to SuperDevoluy before 22.00 to take the key from the reception otherwise i will be locked out till 9 am next morning. I have checked the link you sent before and there is not bus leaving from marseille on the 4th but coming from the resorts to marseille airport only. I tried booking but it didnt let me choose the 4th as a departure date but arrival date.

A friend of mine is flying from newcastle to marseille at 16.45 and he will have to take a train to Veynes. And the train he will be catching will arrive to veynes at 22.00 and by then there will be no more shuttle bus going to Devoluy. How can he go from veynes at 22.00 to Devoluy or SuperDevolur to be exact?

Thank you very much;-)

Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy