Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new bindings for skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of skis that the bindings had been taken out.

Can I purchase a new set of bindings and have them put into these skis?

Someone said that the holes where the bindings were have to be sealed and re drilled . Is this a possibility?

Thanks

Rob.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes you can, any ski shop or ebay will supply them for you. But have them fitted by a shop - and take your boots as they'll need them to fit the bindings properly. They'll also fill the old holes in for you.

Welcome to SnowHeads.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mosha Marc wrote:
Yes you can, any ski shop or ebay will supply them for you. But have them fitted by a shop - and take your boots as they'll need them to fit the bindings properly. They'll also fill the old holes in for you.

Welcome to SnowHeads.

Thanks Marc for the information I have a pair of Extreme x sx 8.1 K2 Size 195 .

Could you recommend any type of bindings?

Again thanks for the info

Rob.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Firefighteraxe, what setting are your bindings on usually?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi

Thes skiis were my brothers who recently passed away and so I would like to use them again. I don't know what settings he used but Iam 5` 8" and the skiis are 195, just wondered if A the skiis are perhaps too big or if ok what make of bindings are best for me. Iam an intermediate skiier .

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Rob.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Firefighteraxe, what make and model are they?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi,

The make and model of the skiis is Extreme X SX 8.1 K2 SIZE 195 . Thats all the info I have or can see.

Thanks for your reply.

Rob.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
at 5'8" I would sugest that 195 skis may be a little long for the average skiier, I'm 5'9" and ski a 183 twin-tip, I don't think I'd care to go 190+
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for that I will look out for a 183 or smaller.

I have just returned to the ski scene after quite a long absence so I am eager to get back into it. We now live in Galicia Northern Spain so we tried LEITARIEDOS near Lyon Northern Spain very good for beginners. I took my wife and she and really enjoyed her first go at skiing we will be going back.

Again thanks for the information re size of skii.

Regards

Rob
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Vivia en Santiago de Compstela hace unos 15 anos Smile Eu falo Galego - mal Very Happy

Like anything, ski size depends on how yopu;re going to use it. Are you sticking mainly to pistes, are you using pistes only to get to the off piste etc etc. Ask at a couple of local shops what they would recommend, your skis as far as I can tell are quite new so should be worth selling, you can then put the proceeds toward something more suitable.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for your advice. I would mostly use the skis on piste. I have used these before in Canada and they seemed fine . But this was some time back and as you rightly said skis get better and allow a shorter lenght.

Thanks

Rob.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy