Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's finally arrived!

Poster: A snowHead
I'm going tomorrow!!!! I'm mega excited but also have mixed feelings as I've been having a horrible week with my suspected fibromyalgia and I'm a bit worried that I'm going to feel rubbish on holiday all week...

But I'm determined to enjoy myself somehow. I guess I just need to load up on pain killers and diocalm and get on with it...

Those of us off this weekend look to have it very lucky with the snow. There's been a couple of days of fresh snowfall in Courmayeur (the rep phoned me last night and confirmed this) and more is forecast for Monday and Tuesday. I'd like a couple of nice sunny days too though please... Very Happy

Have a great week everyone and I'll catch yas when I get back... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
queen bodecia, Have a great time. Hope you get lots of snow and sun
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Enjoy yourself!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
im off to saalbach hinterglemm on wednesday and i cant wait either .... Webcams show some fresh snow this morning so lets hope it holds up till wednesday

queen bodecia, Enjoy your holiday
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen bodecia, well the basic treatment for fibromyalgia is aerobic exercise, so long as you dont push yourelf too hard you may do yourself some good! But maby keep away from the bumps if your knees are bad snowHead have a fun trip, save some snow for me!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jwhiteley1, that's what I'm hoping. It's either a kill or cure scenario I think. Although there is still some debate as to whether I have fibromyalgia or not. Apparently it takes ages of monitoring symptoms and ruling out other things to diagnose...

Feeling a bit better now I've started packing. Thanks everyone... Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
queen bodecia, yes i gather its a tricky condition to pinpoint!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia, have a wonderful time.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
queen bodecia, Have a great time! snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
queen bodecia, Here's hoping the Snow Gods are looking out for you. Have a great time. snowHead snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
queen bodecia, wishing you a wonderful week. I hope you enjoy every minute snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
queen bodecia, Have a great week - let me know what the snow conditions are like in Courmayeur as we discussed via PM.

Enjoy!! xx
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
queen bodecia, Once you get done with all the cr@p that's airports and transfers it will be great
Enjoy Madeye-Smiley
Only a week till we are off too
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, I'm packed and ready. But been feeling terrible all day... Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
queen bodecia, I'm sure you will feel a whole lot better when you get there - altitude and snow always makes me feel better. Have a great time
snow conditions
Thanks everyone. Catch yas all next weekend...
ski holidays
queen bodecia have a great time and I hope you feel better..lucky you
snow report
queen bodecia, had a lecture on Fibromyalgia yesterday and remembered somewhere i had come across someone suffering from it, and this morning i remembered! How are you now, was your trip successful?
snow conditions
jwhiteley1, hi. After months and months of back and forth to my GP with various random pains and raging IBS I was sent to a rheumatologist who decided I didn't have fibromyalgia. Something to do with not having enough tender points, I only had 6 truly identifiable tender points and an FMS sufferer would expect to have at least 11. So I was sent back to my oncologist again to make doubly sure my cancer hadn't returned anywhere and that was clear too.

Then over the summer I generally felt a lot better, so stopped bothering my GP so much and got on with life.

However, since we slid into autumn again, a lot of the symptoms have returned. Constant aching in lower back, across shoulders, along hips, lower legs, soles of feet and leaning against anything (desk, wall, back of chair, for example) can make my eyes water with pain. The IBS never really went away but in isolation that didn't seem to be such a big deal and I take Alverine to help with those symptoms.

I haven't bothered going back to the GP, I've just been doing my best to take painkillers and try to ignore it all. But getting out of bed in the morning after what is always a troubled night's sleep is really hard work.

As for the skiing. The trip was great. Fantastic snow and huge fun. It wasn't a pain free week but I certainly felt better with all the moving around rather than being sat at a computer and drawing board all day. Maybe my job is just not good for my health and I just need to ski all the time! I wish! Smile

I'm being a bit more sensible this year and swimming every week coupled with doing pilates at home and the occasional long walk. I can't do running or gym as it would be too painful, but gentle movement certainly seems to help. Roll on this season's ski trip!

Sorry for the essay! Smile
latest report
Hope you have a great time, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow overnight in Courmayeur and make every day a cold blue sky day. Have fun, we'll see you on the flip side.
snow conditions
Megamum, Laughing She went in March.
ski holidays
Quote:

Sorry for the essay!

not at all, very interesting to read about it. No, your job doesn't sound ideal given your condition. I'm interested because my pregnant daughter is getting a lot of nasty pains and having to learn about how to sit and stand and lie and generally manage it. Seeing an obstetric physiotherapist shortly (she's been referred, anyway, so we hope it's shortly). It's called "pelvic girdle pain" (descriptively enough) but sounds a bit similar in that you have to learn to live with it and keep it in check - and being too active makes it a lot worse. She's struggling with that idea (having just given up cycling, her normal means of transport in Brighton) but coming to terms with it.

constant pain is very debilitating. It sounds as though you are doing really well with it. snowHead
ski holidays
When I opened this thread and read your first line I thought "Oh no, there's no snow out there" - I hadn't seen the date. Embarassed
latest report
pam w, thanks. I certainly feel a bit more positive about it this year. It seems strange that my symptoms are seasonal. I went through a stage of reading a lot of stuff on the internet and information about fibromyalgia always seemed suspiciously familiar. But maybe I was imagining my symptoms to fit what I was reading. My GP has always suggested I have FMS possibly brought on by the trauma of my cancer treatment but my oncologist is very dismissive of FMS and says my symptoms can be attributed to a combination of scar tissue from surgery, menopause and radiotherapy damage.

The difference this year is that I'm determined not to let it get me down. I know my limits and I stick to them. Essentially, I've just got to get on with life and stop whinging! Smile

Megamum, I'm going again next March (La Thuile this time, just up the road from Courmayeur) and very excited already! Very Happy
ski holidays
Ooops Embarassed Embarassed

Never mind at least the sentiment was there Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy