Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet and boot bags......again.....

Poster: A snowHead
Have booked ski carriage with Easyjet - can anyone confirm that this still allows 1 pair of skis and one boot bag? - i.e. two bags ?

Had this in writing from them last year - but hear a rumour that this has now changed and have ran out of time to have this reconfirmed.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boots are included in your 20kg hold luggage allowance but if they're in a seperate bag, ie 15kg + 5kg then you'll be charged for the second item of checked luggage. It's cheaper/easier to put your boots in your main bag.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can you confirm that this has been changed from last year ? I asked the question last year and still have the email stating that if you have paid ski carriage then this includes 1 pair of skis and 1 boot bag.

many thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ropetow, why not contact the nice easyjet folk - and let us know the answer?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles wrote:
ropetow, why not contact the nice easyjet folk - and let us know the answer?

Because Easyjet are not taking any more e-mail queries at the moment as they have a backlog of two days.

Theres also a bit of discrepancy between what different Easyjet staff at different airports are telling folks as discussed here :-

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47665

Just wondered what the current situation was

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I just flew with Easyjet, paid for ski carriage and put my boots in with my luggage. It's to do with the number of bags you have regardless of the total weight (as long as it is less than 20kg)...

I have seen people take boots on as hand luggage in the past... just an idea Little Angel
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ropetow, When you pay for ski carriage you get an additional 12kg allowance to go in one bag (which'll be your ski bag) on top of your one bag 20kg hold allowance. Boots are included in ths total allowance providing they're either in the ski bag or your main bag. If they're in a seperate bag you'll get charged for an additional checked luggage but without being given any extra weight allowance. You also get an unlimited weight carry-on allowance providing it's a single bag that fits in to the size limits.

Best solution: boots in main bag & then seperate ski bag. I can assure you that there's no one with more gear than me & I can pack everything for a weeks sking with only my travel documents & wallet in my carry-on.

Some opt for a large roller bag & take everything in one single bag containing 32kg which is acceptable as you'd be checking one bag less than you've paid for.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We flew from Liverpool to Geneva with EJ in January, with a boot bag as hand luggage. No comment was made on either check-in or at security, which surprised us and we were ready to pay for it if asked.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
2 of us flew Easyjet Bristol to Grenoble at Xmas/New Year. We paid for 2 hold bags & 2 sets skis/board. No one questioned us checking in 5 bags in total for this = 2 holdalls, 1 set skis, 1 boot bag, 1 board bag. In fact coming home we were over the weight allowed so I asked if they wanted me to remove stuff to get down to the required weight & the checkin lady told me not to worry!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've just come back from flying EJ Luton to Geneva having paid for one set of skis. We took a hold bag each, one with boots in, one boot bag and two sets of skis in one ski bag - no problem at either end.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Like RachelQ, we've just flown EJ Luton <-> Geneva.
Small (boot sized) boot bags were accepted as hand luggage. Smile (Didn't try to get large boot bags as hand luggage - they are a lot fatter than the 20cm maximum specified by EJ.)
But if you're over the 20kg/person allowance and/or over the one bag/person allowance, then it's usually cheaper to book "sporting equipment". This costs you £31 and gives you an extra bag plus 12kg extra baggage allowance, whereas excesses baggage costs you £12/kg and £12/extra bag.
On the EJ booking website, the "sporting equipment" is called "skis/snowboard", but EJs T&Cs don't require that it should only contain skis/snowboard - it could be just be a boot bag filled with anything except items listed on the "Dangerous Articles" list - see https://www.easyjet.com/en/book/regulations.html#baggage
Finally, if you're taking a helmet, and providing the whole lot fits within the 55x40x20cm envelope, we had no difficult with clipping a helmet to the outside of the hand baggage so it counted as one item. (Despite recent rule changes by HMG, EJ still strictly implement this limit.)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon wrote:
ropetow, When you pay for ski carriage you get an additional 12kg allowance to go in one bag (which'll be your ski bag) on top of your one bag 20kg hold allowance. Boots are included in ths total allowance providing they're either in the ski bag or your main bag. If they're in a seperate bag you'll get charged for an additional checked luggage but without being given any extra weight allowance. .

I notice that the TO flights now work like this too. It used to be that if you had paid for ski carriage that also included a boot bag. Not any more.... I'm off to Rosiere on saturday and was checking through my tickets and there's a bit in there saying that boots have to be in your main baggage or else you'll be charged for an extra bag. This is with Thomson.

I'm used to sticking them in my main bag now having used EZY, Globespan and Jet2 over the last few years - the boot bag, I'm afraid, is redundant.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all the replies - eventually took the easy way out and paid £15 for an extra bag and put both boot bags into the one big bag (along with some extra food).

Would have been easier if airlines provided better info about what is and is not permitted and also in Easyjets case - highlighted the change in regulations from last year.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I travelled with Easyjet at end of Jan this year, paid for one bag plus extra for ski carriage and this entitled me to a boot bag also. I was well below the total weight limit allowed, and no questions were asked. My boots won't fit in my main bag.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
beanie1, were you specifically entitled to it (if so, where, I'd love to have the print out wink) or did the check in assistant simply allow it? They always appear have a fair amount of leeway to let things pass if they see fit.
latest report
andytb, no idea, as far as I'm aware that's always been the rule unless it's changed recently.
snow report
STN to GVA on easyJet, 2 people. Booked 1x hold lugage, 1x board bag.

The hold bag was 22kg and the board bag (with board, skis, boots etc in it) weighed 28kg.

No hand luggage.

This was all checked in fine, both ways.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy