Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Women's GS Ofterschwang

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Exciting race, but disappointing that the commentators displayed an even higher level of stupidity than usual!!

With one point between Zettel and Poutiainen at the start of the race in the GS standings and two races, including this one, to go, then the only way Zettel could have won the crystal globe today would have been if she won and Poutiainen didn't finish, taking the advantage to over 100 points. Yet the monkeys with the microphones insisted on commentating on the fact that if Zettel won she would win the crystal globe!! rolling eyes Even when they realised they were wrong they didn't actually directly acknowledge the mistake but just started going on about how she had got a bit of a lead now rolling eyes

Surely there must be someone out there with half a brain that they could get to do the voiceovers??? I think in future I may have to watch with the sound off just so as I don't break my TV when I evenually throw something heavy at it!!

Shame as well that Chemmy has just missed out on making the finals, finishing in 27th in the GS standings - still a pretty good achievement considering how many races she missed with the injury!

Ah, I feel better for that rant Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
vivski wrote:
Surely there must be someone out there with half a brain that they could get to do the voiceovers???
I'd be more than happy to take over, however, as I understand it, a prior history of ineptitude in media is required before the possibility of being made a commentator becomes a reality...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skisimon, Laughing

Alain Baxter's been quite good at the finals, admittedly not the most dynamic commentator in the world but what he says has generally been accurate and insightful - a pleasant change Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TBH talk about who's going to win what and the maths involved doesn't bother me at all. I like the commentators on the whole. I learn a lot from John clarke, Emma Carrick-Anderson as they spot things I might not have and I can then go back and check again. Next time I spot it too. Very Happy Alain has been fine, but seems a bit shy of saying anything. simon golding is generally OK, and does notice people off line and mistakes, wheras Matt Chilton in the women's events is often too busy telling us something irrelevant to the race to notice someone falling or straddling or coming out of the course.

I suspect it's a very hard job to do, and they're not selected for their maths knowledge but for their ski knowledge. Perhaps many of you are too young to remember the horrible days of David Vine and that ilk. they now employ commentators who do actually know something about the sport (much more than any of us), thank goodness. So, sometimes they can be annoying, big deal - much better than what went before.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, I do actually remember David Vine, and I do know it's much better than before. I don't expect them to do complex maths on the spot but it was nowhere near complex, they just obviously read the points wrong or something and made a mountain out of a molehill, making it seem that something was going on that wasn't. I appreciate that everyone's different so it won't have bothered everyone viewing the race, but it bothered me as it slightly spoiled my enjoyment cos just the way I am I had to get the website up to check the points while watching the race cos it was bugging me. I like watching the races but also enjoy the excitement of the points races for the crystal globes. So to me it was a big deal. Appreciate it was not for you and I'm sure neither of us are alone in our views Very Happy Variety is the spice of life and all that. Was disappointed not to have Alain commentating on the slalom this morning - that would have been good Very Happy but as always JC very good.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
vivski, Agreed, I am just getting worried for next season, there are some really horrible comments onthe Eurosport website, but it seems to be all nasty aimed at Simon and John, so assuming that Euorspoilt believe Matt chilton is OK with the viewers .......... ooh ..... Shock
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, oh dear.... mebbe we should get on there and start complaining about Matt!! Simon and John are much better Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
vivski, Maybe we should start a 'keep Simon & John but give them a calculator' petition???
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, ah,it's OK - it was Matt and Emma who needed the calculator Very Happy John and Simon can stay as they are Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
vivski, Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy