Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Renting equipment from Esprit vs independent shop

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This question is for those who’s familiar with Esprit. Do you think it make sense to book the equipment and ski passes with them or is it going to be cheaper to find an independent shop and rent it over the internet. We are going to Saas Fe. Would really appreciate your opinion. Many thanks.

Elena
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whether it's cheaper you can easily find out by comparing Esprit's prices (available at http://www.espritski.com/) with someone in resort (e.g. snowrental.net).

But the whole thing about Esprit isn't price, it's convenience. And you can be sure that Esprit have selected to ski show which is very convenient for their Chalet and the slopes - something which is rather harder to do if you pick a shop at random.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RobW, very valid points indeed. But my 2p is that this TO in particular do seem charge quite a premium for the intangibles that you mention. My experience for my trip in a couple of weeks is that Esprit wanted £57 for a package to include skis, boots, poles, and a helmet, but my 5 yr old won't need poles at his level, he already has his own helmet, and I managed to hire skis and boots for €34......... so approx half price. I wouldn't mind paying a premium for convinience etc, but not 100% more.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We hired equipment for our girls via esprit and found it convenient (but didn't really consider looking independently though) when I checked later out of curiosity, prices were comparable. Doesn't ski hire normally include poles? (it does on snowrental and skiset). If you can do it cheaper, no reason not to.

Poles - the chap in the rental shop, was insistent that my 5 year old wouldn't need poles. We had to pop back the following day as her instructor said she did.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Moss wrote:
Poles - the chap in the rental shop, was insistent that my 5 year old wouldn't need poles. We had to pop back the following day as her instructor said she did.

Thanks Moss - I'll bear that in mind.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In Kaaprun this year, when i was looking to buy the skis i was hiring, it worked out that by booking with Esprit i actually paid less for a week's ski hire tha i woudl have paid if i had just walked into the shop !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy