Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

do I risk it?

Poster: A snowHead
Looking at an end of season hol to Tignes on 26th April.

Am I nuts going this late - or is it a pretty safe bet (snow-wise)?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
abj, There will certainly be some snow in Tignes then. Even in a really bad snow year, there is the glacier there.

But if you haven't booked anything, and are not particularly bothered about Tignes, I believe that is the week of the EOSB which might be worth your considering.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tignes has a glacier, and you've got a big snow base (skiclub reports 125/175 in Tignes). It is almost certain there will be some skiing available, and this year it could well be good.

Most years I've skied in April and/or May fine. However, you need to pick your resorts carefully. That late in the season though, there is often little need to book in advance. Wait till a few weeks before, and then see what the weather's like.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Looking at an end of season hol to Tignes on 26th April.

Am I nuts going this late - or is it a pretty safe bet (snow-wise)?

Skied there in Mid May plenty of snow but gets very slushy in the afternoons. Don't expect there would be a problem with snow in April. Have a great time Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skied Tignes and Val D 25-28 April last year - one day after going up to the top of the glacier for damn near perfect snow, we got all the way down to Le Brevieres on the Sache - only a couple of hairy bits with only 2m width of snow but otherwise a good challenging run - and back to Val D via the massive afternoon moguls of Le Face - was one of my most memorable ski days ever. Remember to take the Factor 50 sunscreen though - my chin got almost 2nd degree burns on Day 1.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check the Tignes snow reports:- http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=43727
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
abj, We were there last year at that time-pretty much all runs open, no one there and blue sky days.
We're going again this year Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
safe bet...but as others have said remember the factor 50.....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ditto everything that's been said - you can't go wrong with Tignes/val D'Isere for the end of the season. We always go for a few days over the closing weekend, which is usually the first weekend in May.

Prepare to be amazed by upper slope conditions and snow cover - we once skied a few inches of powder in Val D on the May Day weekend Very Happy

I reckon that they'd usually have enough snow high up to stay open for weeks after the closing date. In fact it's always a bit sad to ski the last run of the "winter" knowing there's tons of snow still up there.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you have the chance go for it. I was planning a May Day Bank trip to Tignes until I trashed my knees. I have done loads of late April and May Day Bank trips to France and Austria and have never been disappointed. Most times I have been to Chamonix, the one time I went to Tignes on May Day Bank it dumped for two days, there were loads of lifts open across the whole area and you would literally ride up a lift and not see another person. And if it doesn't snow? So what, give me spring snow anytime, it would take a major heatwave to get rid of the snow.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

you would literally ride up a lift

As opposed to metaphorically riding up a lift?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all the info guys!

It's all very tempting. Very Happy

I assume it's possible to take a gondola back down to the villages at the end of the day, if the snow if dodgy?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
abj wrote:
Thanks for all the info guys!

It's all very tempting. Very Happy

I assume it's possible to take a gondola back down to the villages at the end of the day, if the snow if dodgy?

The snow is generally OK to ski down to the villages, but you can use the lifts, if need be.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
why does the EosB link not work. Lots of people keep referring to it but i cant find out any details as the link does nto work ?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
backhojo, It appears to be pointing to a tread which has since been deleted.

Just look in the snowEvents forum, there are several threads there on it.
ski holidays
The link to the eosb is now working again, and pointing to this year's bash Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy