Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend Ski Break

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any advice on weekend ski breaks?

I dont mind where I go, just want to get a final weekend in before the season ends.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.mountainsunltd.com/special_offers/view/tignes---spring-short-breaks

I can recommend these - went April 07.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went with them last week.

Brilliant and thoroughly recommended.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dontlikeheights, if you have have a transfer of greater than an hour forget them!!

After all your time is precious and you don't want to spend it in a bus!!

(BTW we're only 50minutes from Geneva !!)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dontlikeheights

Quote:

just want to get a final weekend in before the season ends.

You make it sound like summer's here - but you've got over 2 months to fit your break in!! Very Happy

- Espace Killy is open until the Sunday prior to May Day Bank Hol.
- Chamonix (Grande Montets) is open until about a week after that.
- Scotland is usually open well into April & often into May (you could do Glencoe or Cairngorm - the most likely late season contenders - in about 7.5 hrs on a good run from Brum....)

marcellus I disagree. Done many a one night dash to Geneva or Munich out of season (ie May/June or November/Dec), hired a car and done 1.5 days skiing after a 2.5 hr hr drive to Tignes or Hintertux glaciers. AND that was on top of a 3hr+ drive to/from Stansted. Bed Monday 4 am, work alarm 7am......Guess we're just very keen and slightly mad Toofy Grin . Plus it's great when workmates who've spent a weekend at B&Q or Ikea ask "Did you do anything at the weekend?"
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you can get a cheap flight to Salzburg , then look us up , we will do short breaks, and are 1 hour from Salzburg Razz
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountainaddict wrote:
stuff

possible yes... but you could have had another 3 hours in resort on the piste as opposed to travelling!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marcellus,
Quote:

mountainaddict wrote:
stuff

possible yes... but you could have had another 3 hours in resort on the piste as opposed to travelling!!

Can you kindly advise on the location of the pistes that I can spend an extra 3 hours on within one hour of Geneva or Munich OUT OF SEASON? (ie as indicated in my post). I will then consider them for my next June trip when my usual route to Tignes takes me past gorgeous flower filled, snowless mountainsides....or maybe for a late November trip when I have had to previously drive in frustration past snow covered resorts that don't open until Christmas to get to Hintertux, Kaprun or Stubai.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mountainaddict

The best way to get the max time on the slopes is to fly to the most suitable airport, which is not Munich if travelling to Kaprun.Salzburg is 1 hour 25 minutes away,, and there are cheap flights all year round from Stansted. You can be in resort by late morning on a Sat, ski the afternoon, all day Sunday and be back to the airport for the late Ryanair to Stansted on Sunday night. We also live in Leogang ( Ski Circus ) , which has opened in November for the last 2 seasons, 2 years ago it was as early as the 11th. It is open till the 19th April.Many resorts which rely heavily on the package tour operator market have to wait to open resort, reps only arrive at a set date and need their training and hotels open up to meet the demand of the tour ops. So of course there may be lots of snow but no customers, so they remain shut. There are no UK tour ops using our village of Leogang, but the slopes are open because locals, from around this area use them at weekends, and there is a large market for weekend breaks from people who live around Munich and Stuttgart. So when you are looking for a Novemebr jolly, call me, I will tell you if we are open and if we have snow, We normally have a big group bash in Novemember when lots of our regulars come for a long weekend, we have had some of the best skiing and snow on these early weekends, so it is there and available. Razz
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mountainaddict, my apologies when you said "out of season" I interpreted that as low season.

(BTW we did ski in May, June and October last year but not in open resorts)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.skiweekender.com/
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
marcellus, I totally disagree. We do evening transfers for our short breaks, we collect around 19:30 on the way out and leave resort around 17:00 on return. Geneva to Les Coches is just over two hour transfer time but for a three night break our transfer times ensure our guests get three full days on the hill...and it's worked fantastically all season (and throughout our ski and board camp and spring specail offers over the last couple of years - which take place in Tignes so an even longer transfer of almost three hours).

All I'm saying Dontlikeheights - is definately DO NOT rule all the great resorts that are further than an hour away from an airport or you will be vastly limiting your choices, and I believe good value short breaks are deemed to be hard to come by, but there are companies doing them...but lots of people are biased against being further than a short distance from an airport.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy