Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Apres where?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Saalbach next week..... never been (one of the few big Austria resorts that I haven't made a fool of myself in).... Anyone have any "good" Apres suggestions.

Criterea:

1. Cheesy music
2. Cheesy music
3. Dance like your Dad
4. Cheesy music
5. Loadsa atmosphere.....

Oh and more cheese....... I love my cheese......
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a little centre just by the ski lifts in Hinterglemm with a lot of bars, and some clubs etc. Not too sure about saalbach but I think that Hinterglemm is the more apres-friendly of the two.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatirishman, pretty much anywhere. Hinterhag Alm, Bauer's, Castello's. Can't go wrong. Having skied both several times Saalbach has a bit more apres than Hinterglemm but there's not that much of a difference that really makes it worth going to one for the other unless you've run out of bars.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatirishman, Try the Goats Stalle for straight off the piste, it's in Hinterglemm (actually just above) rather than Sallbach, but there;s a handy free bus runs from just below it. It's marked on the piste maps and easy to find. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Axsman, Thanks....... Blush
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatirishman, See you there!! We are in hinterglemm from next wednesday and the place you are seeking is there. Its about 100 metres up the slope and called the goabstall (or goasstall). You cant miss it as it has a huge umbrella outside it and loads of people enjoying the beer and jaegermeister! There is also a place in the center called apres world that is about 5 bars in one including a lapdance bar!!

http://www.goass.at/

you will love the area.

Saalbach also has loads of bars and try peters restaurant on the friday for a good steak and magic show

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 5-03-09 21:49; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatirishman, I agree with Axsman, a group of us have just got back from a week in Hinterglemm and finished most of our skiing days at the Goasstall. You can ski over there from Saalbach, its right at the bottom of the blue and red runs into Hinterglemm (runs 32a and 33a) on the right side of the valley as you look at the piste map, just above the Reiterkogelbahn gondola. Many happy memories of the cheesy music and top atmosphere, the perfect finish to a day on the slopes. Only problem you may have is buses back, as I think the free buses stop at 5 o'clock. Plenty of taxis though, I think we paid 20 euros for an 8 seater between the villages.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy