Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ski: Rossignol Attraxion III, VI or XI, K2 T Nine One Luv?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to buy skis for my wife. She's only interested in on-piste. High-ish intermediate level. Doesn't like going particularly fast.
Any thoughts/suggestions on Rossignol Attraxion III, VI or XI, or maybe K2 T Nine One Luv?

I've been offered Attraxion XIs at a very keen price, but can't find anything about them except the manufacturers blurb which suggests they might be a bit advanced and too off-piste oriented.

If you know of any deals on any of these skis please let me know, by PM or by posting here.
Will need around 152/154cm.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
petem77, I will be skiing my new Attraxion VIs week of 15-22 if you can wait? Otherwise I read a few bits and pieces, there was a review in the Daily Mail Ski Mag a couple of months ago (if I can find it I will put it up here, it wasn't too long), there's a blurb in the Snow and Rock catalogue and also this link http://www.ski-mag.com/en/ski/clanak.php?id=19460 .

AFAIK Decathlon only had them in a 162 length.

My only concern with them, like you, is that they may be too all-mountain and not perform as well on piste as I want. However I have thought about it a fair bit and taken some advice and I am going to give them a go. If I really hate them after 2 weeks this season I will ebay them early next season and probably not lose more than the cost of 2 weeks hire if that, given I got them for a good price.

Re. your worry that the skis may be above her, I wouldn't. The best skis I ever had were 'on paper' far too advanced for me and had I known what I was getting when the hire shop guy gave them to me I would have handed them back and told him they were too much for me. Fortunately I didn't know, I skied better than I had ever skied before and loved them. I believe therefore that once past a certain level of ability, a more advanced ski can actually help you if you're up for it wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
petem77, I recently bought some Attraxion VI 154, I wanted an AM ski, not for off piste (which I'm not really interested in) but to cope with all sorts of conditions on piste. I tried these out on a long weekend in january and loved them. I've since skied for 12 days on my new skis in all kinds of conditions (on piste) and they've not disappointed me. My level of skiing sounds pretty similar to your wife's although I have to say that these skis feel so stable that my speed has definately increased. I can't comment on the other ski's except to say the Attraxion III sounded too much of an intermediate ski, I wanted something I wasn't going to grow out of. Any chance she can test some?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimum wrote:
petem77, I recently bought some Attraxion VI 154, I wanted an AM ski, not for off piste (which I'm not really interested in) but to cope with all sorts of conditions on piste. I tried these out on a long weekend in january and loved them. I've since skied for 12 days on my new skis in all kinds of conditions (on piste) and they've not disappointed me. My level of skiing sounds pretty similar to your wife's although I have to say that these skis feel so stable that my speed has definately increased. I can't comment on the other ski's except to say the Attraxion III sounded too much of an intermediate ski, I wanted something I wasn't going to grow out of. Any chance she can test some?
Testing is not really an option because of lack of oportunity & desire.
My wife is 5'3" & around 85kg. Knowing that would you still have written exactly the same?
Any thoughts on whether 154 is correct length?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
petem77, well yes I would still have written the same because I can only go on my experience. I've had about 16 weeks on skis and am happy on reds at reasonable speeds, I have no desire to do blacks or off piste and these skis certainly didn't feel too much for me, they were brilliant on piste - not a compromise at all. I'm 5'7" and 62kg so some would argue that a 154 is too short for me but it felt right, I'm sure there's someone far more knowledgeable than me about correct ski lengths, but I wouldn't imagine your wife would want anything longer than 154.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks sarah & skimum.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the advice. I need to get skis for my fiance and was looking at the Rossignol Attraxion too (I got some Rossi coupons so it makes them the most affordable option). She was planning on doing a demo of them in a couple of weeks I appreciate the feedback.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am the same height as your wife, but a few kilos less. I hired some K2 One Luv's after being recommended them through Snowheads, and liked them so much that I bought some before returning home. They are real confidence boosters, I love them because they took me through to the next level. I would ski blues and reds with caution- I was a wimp but now tackle most blacks and even red itineries!!- with a smile Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy