Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck airport transfer to val gardena

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Would any one know any scheduled transfers ( bus ) from Innsbruck to gardena, we want to avoid hiring and taking a private taxi.

Many thanks[/u]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dear all,

For all those interested to take a look at my post yet still without any responses, I can now safely answer my own post.

There is no easy way to travel from Innsbruck to selva val Gardena, which is surprising as the Gardena websites all state Innsbruck as being closer than most.

Is the round trip for 2 people and a 70 mile trip ok at £ 345 ?
Seems steep to me, more trouble than it is worth.
Would anyone like to recommend a good resort close to Innsbruck at a with reasonable transfer rates.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
woodwood, according to http://www.suedtirol.info/South_Tyrol_Travel_Guide/Travel_-_Transport/By_air.html Bolzano is 1.5 hours by train from Innsbruck and from there I believe its fairly easy to get a public bus to Selva. Not sure about waiting times though.

This website gives similar advice but suggests travelling to Chiusa or Bressanone by train and then getting a bus: http://www.valgardena.it/en/transfer/page76.html

Regarding other resorts then there are some transfer prices mentioned on this website: http://www.ski-innsbruck.at/index.php?id=airport&L=1

Hope this helps. Please post any findings.

btw the scenery in Selva is fantastic so I hope you can get there
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
woodwood wrote:
Dear all,

For all those interested to take a look at my post yet still without any responses, I can now safely answer my own post.

There is no easy way to travel from Innsbruck to selva val Gardena, which is surprising as the Gardena websites all state Innsbruck as being closer than most.

Is the round trip for 2 people and a 70 mile trip ok at £ 345 ?
Seems steep to me, more trouble than it is worth.

It would be cheaper to hire a car for the week.

Or as others have said, train to Bolzano then bus up Val Gardena.

Or train to Brunico (Kronplatz) and bus up from there via Corvara.

Quote:

Would anyone like to recommend a good resort close to Innsbruck at a with reasonable transfer rates.

[/quote]

Any of the Zillertal resorts - You can get the main train from Innsbruck to Jensbach and then the valley train up to Fugen, kaletbach, Zell am Ziller or Mayrhofen.

Or there are quite a few small resorts pretty well local to Innsbruck - it is even possible to stay in the city itself and get the ski bus to a different area each day.

If you particularly want Italy, then Brunico can be reached by train - although most of the best ski acommodation is a taxi or bus ride from the train station. Previous description of that in this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=37584
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy