Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone fancy the UCPA Freeride Argentiere 28th Mar or 4 Apr?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Due to work commitments I've had to cancel my mid-March trip with friends but have the opportunity to take a week at the end of March or early April. Unfortunately I've been unable to round any of my usual ski buddies into a trip over these dates, so I've been investigating solo options and saw the Argentiere UCPA Freeride course - http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/hol_argentiere_UCPASkiFreerideFull-TimeGuiding_28-3-2009_0.aspx

Has anyone been to Argentiere with the UCPA before? Anyone else up for this course? For the price it seems a pretty good deal, even if the accommodation is rather basic. Five days of guiding, lift-pass, kit hire inc avi probes/tranceivers etc, full board food and bunk accommodation for £530.

Cheers

SSB
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What about this....

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=68250766096

I noticed it posted on snowheads and have joined in....£265 for transport, apartment and lift pass.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sideshow_Bob, I've sent you a PM . I stayed at the UCPA in Argentierre last year. Cant give you much info on off-piste but when I went last year it was full of crazy Swedes doing Telemark off-piste. I'm going back for another week at the end of March!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mexicomark, thanks for your message. Sorry for not replying earlier. I've just booked this. A little apprehensive as I wasn't sure the difference in level needed to do the Freeride over the Off-piste Instruction but guess I can always drop down if necessary. My French is also a little rusty. Had to book the coach as I couldn't find any decent-priced flights. Which dates are you out there?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sideshow_Bob, Not sure if you received my PM or not. I'm there from the 28th. I went by Coach last year. Wasnt much fun tbh. Waking up with cramp in your thigh at 4am somewhere in the middle of France was not cool. Just make sure you pick a seat with as much legroom as possible. On the way out I got one of the smaller gapped seats and at 6ft 2 it was not comfortable. On the plus side you will be able to ski the second Saturday, as kick out isnt til 2. And the bus wont leave til 6 at the earliest.... When you arrive they will drop you off in Chamonix and you may find there is no-one from Action Outdoors there. I managed to leave my bag with a cafe owner for the afternoon and went to the Irish Bar to watch the 6 nations and rehydrate with some Guiness. Check in isnt til 5 so you will have some time to kill as well. The bus to Argentierre is free but you may need a pass which you can get from the Tourist Office. You can also get the train which stops right next to the UCPA in Argentierre.

The instructors are great, and you get all day Sunday to get your legs back before you go off with the groups on Monday. (Try and get your equipment on Saturday if possible to avoid the queues on Sunday morning. Maybe see you in Argentierre if you're there at the same time!

P.S have you looked at flights airports outside London. I'm going from EMA. You can get trains from London for a fiver to the new station at Ratcliffe and then there are shuttle buses to the airport. There are regular flights to Geneva, the Sunday morning one was less than £30 on skyscanner when I looked.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy