Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR Morillon 1100 Feb 21-27 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Stayed in the Refuge de L'Alpage in Morillon 1100. 4 adults and 3 children shared this 4 bedroom/3 bathroom appartment which was very comfortable and well equipped. The location is spot on next to the piste. Shared between 2 families, the cost was very reasonable and a lot cheaper and more comfortable than getting 2 small separate appartments.

Parking and unloading was a bit tight on Saturday evening but various spaces became available during the week and by leaving time we were parked very conveniently for loading up.

We got the "small" Massif lift pass but this turned out to be plenty. Conditions were excellent of course. We were able to ski down to Morillon village. BTW take the red run to Morillon, not the other as it results in a bit of a walk back to the gondola.

We hit some queuing. The only fast chair in Morillon 1100 (Sairon) had a 5-10 minuite queue most of the day. Better to stay on the 2 higher slow chairs. Going over to Samoens we decided to take the Lanche chair - big mistake. After a beautiful ski down on the red run we hit a monster queue. It took me 45 minutes of queueing. By the top the group was split up over a range of 10 minutes! We dare not go near that lift again. Once there, we didn't really find any queues on the slow chairs.

Over to Les Carroz, the Gron chair gave nice skiing with no queues. Down to the village itself and again no queues for the comfy gondola and not even any stairs to climb up Smile The return to Morillon is achieved either by walking uphill from the top of the Gron chair (too much with the kids) or taking one of the lifts up to Tete de Saix. From here the Perce Neige blue stays right on the ridge and has some mild uphill sections that resulted in towing the kids. The easiest route back is via the Molliets chair but that again was queue city. The Molliets chair is going to be replaced with a 6 seater for next winter but if the lift company cannot be bothered to manage the queue and fill the seats what is the point Sad

Having learnt a bit about how to get around the ski area I would definitely go back. The appartment was fabulous. Shame we couldn't take our dog though. If anybody knows a similar appartment which allows dogs I would be interested to know.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nessy, We skied Morillon in January and loved it - the Marvel (as is often said on here) was excellent for a first run (or 2nd or last or any time really Very Happy ) and our mixed group of confident skiers, cautious skiers and adventurous children found virtually every run could suit them, dependent on the route taken. I like the Jam Park - the sign at the start of it says "for children and adventurous adults" - judging by my nervous skier friend's screams as she went too fast over the last bump, landing squarely on her skis with a loud THWACK, she liked it too Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy