Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fernie

Poster: A snowHead
Just in from Telford Mike's Wife:

it hasn't stopped raining there since Tuesday, and the mountain is a mess.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
and it's not getting any better. Temps today around 8 celcius, more rain.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Warm again today, but at least it's sunny. Hardly any people about, and just a few lifts running. Snow on the mountain is bottomless slush, lower down it's mainly puddles.

Forecast is to get a little colder tonight and tomorrow, maybe it'll even drop below freezing...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
telford_mike, I can't believe your bad luck. Are you fighting Germans for sun loungers?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Apparently the skiers on the mountain this morning comprised:

the Ski Club rep (natch)
2 Inghams reps
and the group that my wife is skiing with

11 degrees, sunny with a warm breeze. Not quite the 2 metres of powder and minus 20 that they were told to expect. I feel quite guilty sitting at home looking forward to a week in Wengen next week!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Presumably if the temperatures do drop, it'll just get extremely icy?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds like a recipie for death cookies on ice Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They've gone to Kimberley today for a change - different slush.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks like I left at the right time, to think, the week before last it was below -25 not including the wind chill factor!! Shocked

I must admit, I prefer skiing in the extreme cold than when its extremely mild, hard-pack beats slush any day!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh i dunno, nice pair of pocket rockets or the like and all that slush is quite nice Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Off to Fernie on 5 Feb. Hope it gets better.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Colder today in Fernie, but no snow. 90 minute bus trip to Kimberley is the preferred option for the tourists today.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can anybody out there PLEASE tell me it's going to dump large in Fernie next week. Just lie to me. I don't care.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nothing major in the forecast I'm afraid, but at least temperatures are below zero overnight.
Forecast here
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I hate to put a spanner in works.

I've been to Fernie a couple of times in the 90's. Even back then it was well known for its rain. Off course it can get some spectacular Powder days but im afraid this is just luck.
snow conditions
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I think they had some snow last night, some forecast for tonight and the temperature's back below freezing. Although I'm not holding out for amazing conditions, I'll be happy with anything skiable. Anyone just got back, let me know what it's like.
latest report
Here some locals report
Sad
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=23441&page=2&pp=30
latest report
Good news at last. There's been around 50cm of new snow over the past 36 hours in Fernie. Groomers are working today. Temperatures this morning were about -10. Full report when my other-half gets back from the hill.
snow report
Lots of new snow in the bowls(Currie v. good - Currie powder Laughing ), lower areas have been groomed so it's now possible to ski back to the lodge. Excellent off-piste, but hill very busy as it's the first really good clear powder day for a while. Looks like you got lucky conor!
snow report
I got very lucky indeed. Arrived on Saturday and it's really quite incredible! Just feel a little sorry for those who were here before me.
snow report
Nice one Very Happy say hello to Mrs telford_mike if you see her (Val).
ski holidays
Went out to Kimberley on the 19th of Jan, the day after the rain came to Kim & Fernie, it was above freezing for 3 days with rain. Kimberley just kept the lower runs home open we were told Fernies base was washed out, we thought ours would be as well. Luckily it turned colder and even though we only saw 2 minutes of snow over 10 days a least we kept skiing. Fernies base is lower than Kims and they bussed people over every day. With the reports I have seen since, both resorts must still be pretty poor. Still loved Kimberley!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy