Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First time skiing - Goggle recommendation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Off to Sauze for first time in a week, have been reading up frantically, and have pretty much all my kit bar goggles...

I've tried models by most manufacturers and have hit paralysis-by-analysis!

Best fit's are prob Uvex F2's and Oakley A-Frame/Crowbar (felt the same). The F2's I tried had a yellow S1 lens, so may not be best for an all rounder? (sunnies for bright days). The Oakley shop recommended the pink iridium lens as a better all rounder?

I'm not too bothered on cost (you get what you pay for), what would you guys recommend as a good all round goggle/lens combo for a newbie?

Thanks for your help!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Would honestly say hi-persimmon from Oakley. I bought a pair which worked out great in everything in Canada. The standard persimmon lense holds up well in most conditions except very bright light which is handled by the iridium coating offered by the hi-persimmon. I think most people would agree its a great premium all rounder lense.

Check out the lense and i also have a pair for sale which you might love if you think the lense in suitable, i certainly do. Great "one goggle" lense.

http://www.o-review.com/lens.asp
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=49543

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 2-03-09 1:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rockefeller, nothing to add to sps89 but welcome to snowHead and have a great trip.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rockefeller, Welcome

If you have decent sunglasses for bright light, then you can go for a yellow flat light tint...if you are only going to use one piece of eyewear, get the Oakley hi-persimmons as suggested
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the responses and welcomes!

I'll have a read up on those lenses.

Can't wait!! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have Oakley A frames with Gold Iridium, but carry a spare persimmon lens for dull days.
They are a cinch to swap over. Very Happy

http://www.steptoes.co.uk/oakley-snow-goggles-home.ghtml
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rockefeller wrote:
Thanks for the responses and welcomes!

I'll have a read up on those lenses.

Can't wait!! Very Happy

Think they sound ok?

If you PM me and i have them in a-frames for £55 shipped.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My own recommendation would be to go for something cheaper and less painful to break/lose, especially if it is your first time skiing as you're more likely to have a few tumbles, which could damage your goggles.

I would also disagree with the one goggle for all conditions compromise - in flat lighting, I need all the help I can get, so I have a dark pair for sunny days and a yellow pair for flat light - and I use cheap ones from decathlon with no problems.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just got myself a pair of Smith I/O's. You usually get a case protective sleeve and 2 lenses with them which can be changed in about 30 secs.
My brother 's had them the last 2 seasons and he uses the ignitor lens on sunny days and the sensor lens for flat light days, swears by them and they're semi frameless so look pretty cool as well! I much prefer them to my huge bug eye oakley wisdom goggles!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Has anyone used the Sensor Mirror in bright light? Awful or OK?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For all conditons i recommend any oakley goggle that fits well with a VR28 lens
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I use sunnies in all but the worst conditions, when I use yellow goggles, they are much, much better in flat light than other 'shades / colours', but useless in good conditions. It may well be that the colour is more important than the make, perhaps?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy