Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Extremes or Salomon Suspects?? time to choose??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trip to Val Thorens booked for the end of March and looking forward to hitting the park there!!

I've narrowed my ski choice down to Salomon Suspects or K2 Extremes, I know there are prob better all round twin tips out there like the 4frnt MSP but budget is a factor and these 2 seem to get very good reviews for a reasonable priced ski.

Just looking for peoples opinions of the two and also if I go for the Suspects should I go 171 or 176?? Extremes would be 174.
(I'm, 82kg, 5'11'')

I'll ski pretty much whatever, confident on reds but will give tricky blacks, trees, pow etc a try if the conditions are good.

Loved skiing rental twin tips over the past few trips and have started getting more and more into trying park stuff.

All advice greatly appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ca1der, Love the suspects great ski that will look after you everywhere and are very funky looking
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Extremes in a 179 no doubt, Or the Armada AR6 in a 176/181.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've heard alot of poeople complaining about the "Edge Armor" on this years Suspects, saying it is less that usless.

I'd go with the Extremes, a solid proven ski.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Btw are you open to other ski options? I would throw in the scott punisher/crusade, line prophet 90, and the armada arv, even the volkl bridge. All great all mountain twins which you can throw in the park. Line 90 is a little stiff for the park though. Would honestly go the AR6 route and get a 176 new for £245.

Arvs are sweet and come in a 175. Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had been put off the punishers by a few folk telling me they were less lively and fun than the suspects/extremes??

The AR6's look pretty cool, I'll look into them a bit more, what stores sell them in the Uk?? as I've only really came across them on US websites
with huge shipping costs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ahh, skiied the Suspects at the Saalbach test last year and thought they were the worst ski I've ever been on, seriously I'd look elsewhere if I were you. The Extreme is also a tad heavy for dedicated park riding but out of the two I'd personally go for the K2. From what I remeber of the Suspects they seemed to have a decent enough shape but the problem was in the cheapness of Salomon's construction, cheap core, cheap base, cheap topsheet etc all made it ski with little to no pop, a really dead feeling ski. It does, however, have half decent graphics! I'm speaking personally of course but it's not as if I'm an inexperienced park rider! My own park ski of choice would be the Dynastar Big Troubles, Icelantic Da'Nollie, Line Blend, Movement Kamasutra, all solidly sonstructed skis with plenty of pop, edge grip (for a twin!) and feedback.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OH BTW freeze scotland stock the ar6 but beware as one of my mates had some outrageous probs with them mounting each ski differently and they refused to give him a replacement until the skis had been sent back from france to Scotland then onto America to be inspected by the Armada group! How's that for customer service Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok, by your description of your skiing you are looking for an all mountain twin tip, not a park jibber. The Extreme is better responsively than the Salomon, which feels stiffer but is not as well made- the K2 sidewall support underfoot makes it a snappy ski. The reality though is you will need a park specific ski if you really want to go railing and popping 720 grabs. I agree the Line Blend is a cracking park ski that is still fat enough for a bit of powder. The K2 will disappoint slightly in the park as its an all mountain twin and thus is a little heavy for the park.

I would go for the Line Prophet 90 as they are a top AM twin and lets face it, its quite likely that you wont be spending all your time in the park, but cruisijng around skiing as you say, pretty much everything. Not as fast turning as the K2 Extreme but super stable at spped and still a poppy fun ski.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
forgot to mention- bartletts ski have got Prophet 90s in 2007 and 2008 colours as well as 2009. Same ski every year, different graphic. The 2007 ones are only £245!! I got the 179 and stuck a Marker Griffon freeride binding on - £350 all in including mounting...... B A R G A I N. I know they have a 172 if you are looking for a smaller poppier ski. With Salomon s12s they were even cheaper £330 i think.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The new blend is 100mm underfoot fyi.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've got the 2008 K2 Public enemys in a 179cm. They were last years extreme and i'm lead to believe that they're identical except with a different top-sheet.

I love them as an all mountain weapon. So much so that my salomon Aero X's only got out for one day of 8 in january in the 3 valleys. I'm not that much of a jibber so can't really testify to their park credentials but as a really fun ski to do it all i think they're awesome so i'd take the K2's.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've got the same as fastandicy and love them. Great at carving a line on the piste and have enough underfoot to be decent in the pow too. The only thing I would say is that the top sheet gets scratched up pretty easily. Doesn't affect the ski's performance though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy