Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile to La Rosiere - How would you go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend an on-piste route from La Thuile over to La Ros and back again. Nothing too gnarly, and a pleasant lunch spot in La Rosiere would be appreciated Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Judging by the piste map it's possible with only red and blue runs, but looks like there's only really one way in each direction...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
there's a 15 minute drag lift..heading to italy from france...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been to La Thuile before, but never really made the effort to get ovet to La Rosiere. I was really wondering what people's favourite runs are down towards La Ros.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lunch in La Ros ? Is that so you can appreciate better the food in La Thuile ? Seriously, go to La Ros for some bumpier reds and blacks and some stunning scenery (especially from the sunny terrace of one of the mountain cafes whose name escapes me) but stick to La Thuile for lunch itself (or take sarnies).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ajpaul, just follow the piste map, from the Fort take Choucas piste (blue) and then take Marmotte (red) down past Les Eucherts get the chair lift back and ski down a couple of hundred metres to L'Ancolie for lunch on the south Facing terrace with fantastic views right across the Tarentaise valley. The food is as good as anywhere in La Thguile and better than most. On the way back stop at the Travasette for a coffee on their terrace, assuming of course the weather is good, BTW it's usually sunnier in La Rosiere that's why you'll see lots of Italian skiers on the French side of the border.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 2-03-09 10:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's an extremely good tartiflette to be had in the restaurant at the bottom of the Fort chair. Self-service, IIRC it was €10. Best that I had all week!

If you're going all the way down into La Ros, then take the Foret green in - lovely little tree-lined route. It wasn't open when I was there, but the Fontaine Froide to the bottom of the resort has big fans. One run I did enjoy was Les Marmottes - near vertical chair lift out from the bottom, very nice Smile

When you get back into La Thuile, take piste 7 for a nice cruise - it's the road in summer. If you're up for something a little sportier - but hardly gnarly - numero sei is the one for you. Both favourites for me Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Personally, I wouldn't, I'd stay in La Thuile!

If forced, there really isn't lot of choice in terms of routes. Top of the Chaz Dura express, down to and round the top of the Fourclaz chair, down the wee steep bit and over to the Belvedere chair. Easy cruise along the ridgeline to the top of the Picollo San Bernardo chair, then down the long, flat blue to the Chardonnay chair. Top of that puts you in French territory. Either have a play around the fort/traversette area or take the Choucas all the way to La Ros (best to stop at the Roche Noir tow to break up the monotony).

There are plenty of possibilities to go off the above route and get an extra run in, but almost all of them would just mean getting a chair back up to the same point you left the route.

I do a pretty regular La Ros - La Thuile - La Ros day out with guests and the way to La Thuile is generally a lot more fun than the way back! My favourite place to eat is The Roxy at the bottom of the Fourclaz chair.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Choucas

stevomcd, possibly one of the worst runs in the world and a real bummer at the end of the day.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, on a board even more vile!

Big love for the Marmottes though - that was our absolute favourite even though it got very slushy!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Going to la thuile soon too!

So is the skiing over to la rosiere alright except from the little steep bit?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skiing to La Rosiere is easy. Lots of gliding.
On the ski back to La Thuile, the red past The Fort (Bouquetin) is quite steep and then there are two long drags.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Been to either side accessing the other. Not a difficult link. There is a bit of steep but short red from La Rosiere side and a bit of walking in the other direction coming from the Italian side. Sitting on the last chairlift from La Thuile back to La Rosiere can be miserable on a cold and windy day as the lift is long and slow. Italian side has more skiing variety and bigger.

Not too sure if there is another Italian/French link apart from the short link between Montgenevre and Claviere of Milky Way which is even flatter going from the French side to the Italian side at the bottom when the upper lift is closed due to wind. Some SH may count Vallee Blanc as also a French/Italian link but that is off piste.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy