Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Toilet charge on Ryanair, are they (is he) mad

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

poor saikee, give her a break

It is no different to comment on a resort where the SH having an vested will come down like a ton of brick on any inaccuracy. There must be hundreds if not thousands SH using the Ryanair service so they would not welcome worry from others seldom use the services.

I do a fair bit of air travel and naturally have to consider the various aspects.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jbob wrote:
richmond, I think your on to something, if only doing an "O'Leary" became a bye word for taking a Thomas or ripping people off, he might think twice.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

except...but for the regulators I really wouldn`t put it past him...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
saikee wrote:
Quote:

It is no different to comment on a resort where the SH having an vested will come down like a ton of brick on any inaccuracy. There must be hundreds if not thousands SH using the Ryanair service so they would not welcome worry from others seldom use the services.

I do a fair bit of air travel and naturally have to consider the various aspects.

Shocked Laughing

This is one of the funniest post in ages...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
saikee wrote:
Quote:

Well if you're going to consider the various aspects, do some proper research instead of talking rubbish. We're not at the hairdressers now
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HH wrote:

Sorry, but he was talking absolute cr@p, he should expect to be picked up on it.

And this one was not down to his mother tongue not being English.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
saikee wrote:
Quote:

Just accept, your comments had ZERO basis in reality.

It was just plain paranoia on your part.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is saikee, a he? Embarassed
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HH, yes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oops. Sorry.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
HH, you were probably misled by the sexist and ageist comment above about saikee's reasoning being like somebody's grandma's. Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
uktrailmonster wrote:
saikee wrote:
Quote:

Well if you're going to consider the various aspects, do some proper research instead of talking rubbish. We're not at the hairdressers now

You would not believe what US Airways said to the FAA!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ryanair's new safety card...

latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
there should be standing on planes at the back near the bar..

The bar is at the front upstairs: http://thetravelinsider.info/2003/0425.htm rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Ryanair gets tough on the fatties

Planning on flying Ryanair any time soon? If so, those of a fuller figure might be wise to step on to the scales before arriving at the airport. The results of a competition run by Ryanair to find new charges it could levy are in, and a third of those who voted said larger people should be charged more. The airline reckons it might introduce extra charges for men weighing more than 20 stone and women weighing more than 15 stone. Still, you wouldn't want to be a check-in staff member charged with telling people you think they're over the limit.

From The Independent
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/credit-crisis-diary-peston-tramples-on-flanders-ndash-again-1672727.html
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It would be discriminatory just to weigh and surcharge "larger people". They should weigh everybody with their luggage and charge per kilo for everything that goes on board. And why on God's earth should a man weighing 19 stone pay less than a woman weighing 16 stone?
ski holidays
pam w, that's still discriminatory against heavier people, although entirely logical and consistent.
ski holidays
They should forget the idea altogether. And pam w's idea of penalising people for their genetic make-up is even worse - like discriminating against homosexuals or the disabled.
latest report
Fat tax is a coming http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/news/article6146887.ece
snow report
Boris, can I have some money off if I'm slim?
ski holidays
I need to spend a penny... Er - make that a pound... Do you take cards???

Or, why don't I just stand at the back and have a sneaky pee in the aisle. I guess we'll start seeing "£50 fouling charge" signs up all over the place! Very Happy
snow report
And passengers undergoing a quick liposuction at Stansted.
snow report
HH
no chance!!!
latest report
Quote:

pam w's idea of penalising people for their genetic make-up is even worse

Air travel is about carting X kilos of weight across Y kilometres. Like posting a parcel. If a removals agency quoted you a lot of money to remove and store your personal effects, try telling them they should charge the same for your huge pile of stuff as they would for a small pile of stuff. Raising charges which are commensurate with the cost of the job is not discriminatory in the sense that discrimination is about unreasonable penalties. It would be entirely unreasonable to charge a homosexual passenger more than a heterosexual, but not unreasonable to charge a large heterosexual person with heavy suitcases more than a small gay person with a small bag. You try taking a parcel of clothes into the Post Office and telling them they shouldn't charge so much postage because if you had different genes you'd be smaller and your clothes wouldn't weigh so much!

Or tell a private health insurance company that it's none of their business if your father died at 55 of a heart attack and your mother at 48 of breast cancer.

Anyway, most people who are very overweight and blame their "genes" are kidding themselves. wink
ski holidays
Penalising tall people for their weight compared to short people would be ridiculous. Equally penalising the average rugby player for their BMI.
The element of a flight cost attributed to weight is exaggerated, so a charge per kilogram is not justified. A large part of the cost is in fixed assets.
Stop picking on larger people (for the record I am about 180 cm and about 80 kg so not large enough to be unduly penalised). On an airplane carrying PEOPLE the service being rationed is seats, so charge per seat.
AND charges at post offices are not directly proportional to weight. There is a fixed cost there too.
snow report
beequin wrote:
And pam w's idea of penalising people for their genetic make-up is even worse - like discriminating against homosexuals or the disabled.
Hardly; it costs no more to carry a gay person in a 'plane than a straight one (otherwise, why would they choose gay blokes to be stewards?), but it costs very slightly more to carry a heavier person than a light one.
latest report
OK, a fixed price per seat, plus a marginal charge per kilogram reflecting fuel costs.
ski holidays
Gives a new slant to travelling by bmi anyway Smile
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
It would be discriminatory just to weigh and surcharge "larger people". They should weigh everybody with their luggage and charge per kilo for everything that goes on board. And why on God's earth should a man weighing 19 stone pay less than a woman weighing 16 stone?

dont think it is discrimanatory is it?? I can sack someone for being a fatty quite happily and without impunity, so why would this be any different?? Legally, being a fatty is all self-inflicted therefore there's no basis for discrimination - least ways that's what the riveting lecture about employment law instructed us a couple of years ago! (mind you, at the same lecture I asked the chaser whehter I could still tell Irish jokes seeing as how I'm Irish - his reaction was like I'd broken into his house and pissed on his kids....)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Michael doesnt care! Not in the slightest!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
barry, it would be discriminatory because it would discriminate between lighter people and heavier people. It may not be illegal, though (although no doubt someone would claim that their porkishness is a disability, which might complicate matters).

What difference does 'self inflicted' make? Religious discrimination can be illegal discrimination, and that's self inflicted (in adults, at least).
latest report
beequin, Laughing
snow report
barry, there is no law to discriminate against fat people.
snow report
barry wrote:
pam w wrote:

dont think it is discrimanatory is it??

Yes, of course it is.

Quote:

I can sack someone for being a fatty quite happily and without impunity,

Unless their weighht affected their job in some way, you would probably end up getting done for unfair dismissal if you tried it.

It isn't specifically unlawful to discriminate on that basis, and you can most certainly discriminate on that basis when selecting new employees. But that doesn't mean you would get away with sacking somebody with that as a reason.

Quote:

so why would this be any different?? Legally, being a fatty is all self-inflicted therefore there's no basis for discrimination - least ways that's what the riveting lecture about employment law instructed us a couple of years ago!

That wasn't saying that there is no discrimination, just that there is no unlawful discrimination under employment law.
ski holidays
i'm just sayin what the ambulance chaser told me..... (while admittedly trolling just a touch Laughing )
snow report
alex_heney, Ooohhh, you in HR?
snow report
Of course airlines price discriminate all the time - for example between people who book now, and those who book in 6 months time. Or between those with a big heavy bag, and those with only hand baggage. And (on easyJet) the people who are so impatient they have to shove their way onto the plane first, and those who are happy to wait. Some airlines discriminate between those who can't bear not to sit next to their Very Bestest Friend for the whole time it takes to fly to, say, Edinburgh and those willing to take their chance of 50 minutes separation. Discriminating on the grounds that some passengers require more jet fuel than others to get them and their vast piles of stuff into the air seems positively ordinary in comparison.
ski holidays
Perhaps the should provide larger seats for those passengers that 'overspill' the standard seats, they could of course charge these out at a premuim rate, then make it compulsary for larger people to use them Smile

I'm quite in favour of this in principle, Ive always thought their should be a total weight allowance for passenger and luggage and how you meet it is your personal choice Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Quote:

I'm quite in favour of this in principle, Ive always thought their should be a total weight allowance for passenger and luggage and how you meet it is your personal choice

Fly naked Shocked
ski holidays
Well I enjoyed my first stand-up flight today with Mr Ryan and Mr Air, and I have to say it was not too bad at all, and of course saved £28.50 - £33.50 really as I took a plastic bottle to urinate in to save the hassle (and cost) of going to the bathroom.

Great Call from RA, and I'm sure all airlines, as always, will soon follow their innovative lead. Very Happy
ski holidays
HH wrote:
alex_heney, Ooohhh, you in HR?

No, I'm in computing Smile

But for quite a few years I was freelancing, and was quite active in the PCG while they were fighting IR35. So I became quite interested in employment law. My interest in other areas of law has really spread from that point.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy