Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can you expand the heel area on a ski boot shell

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Back for more advice!

I bit the bullet and got some boots fitted at what would seem from here a reputable London boot shop.

Took a good couple of hours, tried on 4 pairs and ended up in a pair of Salomons. Got the liners and footbeds moulded etc.

They certainly felt the best in the shop, good and snug all around with no foot movement, but since getting them a couple of days ago I've been trying them on for a few hours and am now having doubts.

Most of the foot is really snug and comfortable but I'm getting what I feel is too much pressure around the heel. It's as if someone was placing their thumb and finger around the back of the achilees (sp?) and pressing the tips in hard. Sort of a pressure around the sides towards the rear of the heel. When I take the boots off, I notice my heels are a little numb but are quickly back to normal. It's less pronounced when standing up in the ski position but very noticable with weight off them.

I'm going back as they offer a lifetime fit guarantee but what should I be checking they do? There appears to be ridges in the heel plastic (I assume to keep your heel locked down), can this be eased at all?

Advice much aprecated.

Thanks,

Frosty

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 25-02-09 21:33; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes it can be ground or pushed
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When did you buy them?

It may be worth skiing in them a couple of days (if you could stand it) before biting the bullet and getting the stretch done. You may find after a bit of hard skiing that it eases to the point of being spot on.

I would give it a chance if you think you could stand it.

What do you reckon SZK/CEM?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I reckon that i'm Alfy Noakes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Yes it can be ground or pushed

Thanks for the reply.

Are you the boot fitting expert around these parts? It would seem from other posts you may be.

What I find somewhat irrationally annoying is that I understand physics and materials engineering but am somewhat of a newbie where ski equipment and the anatomy of the foot are concerned.

If I was being incorrectly advised on a motorcycle tyre profile or shock absorber setup I could tell a mile off but I'm not sure how ski gear should 'feel'.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
frosty75, No, i'm Alfie Noakes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
frosty75, No, i'm Alfie Noakes

And I'm Peter Cook wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cool
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cool

http://youtube.com/v/Vn2oCfbNk8w
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Cool

http://youtube.com/v/Vn2oCfbNk8w

Shouldn't keep a picture of yer dad in yer room for that very reason, I say!

Should I just take my Dremmel to them?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
frosty75, a nice big rasp ball should give you clean results.

http://www.wolfcraft.com/product_detail.cfm?id=39

Especially on the teeth.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Went back, didn't do any pushing or grinding (fnar, fnar).

Pads on the liners, oven at gas mark 9, do up tight and they feel much better.

Off to the snowdome for a pre holiday test on Sunday.

Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy