Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

canazei

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me what this place is like? I know its on the main circuit, but what's the local pistes like? what about prices and nightlife? cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Suggest you have a look through the "Calling Sella Ronda Fans" thread first, then come back with any questions that doesn't answer.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Canazei has some reasonable skiing directly above it but not a huge amount. However it is very close to the Sela Ronda route so it's very well placed for getting out and exploring some of the connected areas like Arraba/Marmalada or in the other direction Selve/Val Gardena.
One great tip is to jump on the ski bus rather than the local lift and ride 5-10mins up the valley to Alba. From Alba you can ski over to Pozza which is down the valley from Canazei and get the ski bus back up to Canazei from the other direction - or just ski back over to Alba as it's not far.
The beauty is though that because it's not lift-connected to the Sela Ronda, people tend to discount it and the area is always really quiet. We spent a whole day there in Feb with fresh snow and 90% of the tracks were from our group snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I want to go somewhere on the Sella Ronda circuit on March 14/15 for a week. There are four 40 something blokes going, there doesn't seem to be alot about so far as deals go for this week. We need a bit to do in the evening so we were thinking Canazei, Selva or Arraba. Anyone got any advice?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you want a bit to do in the evening then I would avoid Arabba as its very quiet - not to say I dont rate it as I do and highly as I have been there last 3 years. there are only a few bars and no clubs
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andyjc, I went in January, here's my trip report:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=1131915

Hope it helps! snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We wnet to Canazei in Feb and had a great time. We're not night birds & so can't comment on that. I think I'd go to Corvara as it had its own slopes whereas Canazei doesn't have much to it. I agree about Marmolada. Selva had some good runs. If you stay in Canazei its best to stay at the top end of the town as this is where the run comes in - I don't like walking after a long day on the slopes. THere is a bus which comes round but we walked down most days. We stayed at the Albergo Denise which was fine and that and Hotel Italia were the closest.

For transfers we used Laguna Coach Travel run by Jane and Aldo (Laguna Coach Travel <info>). THey were excellent and reasonably priced (Jane is English). Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy