Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to find Stockli skis and what bindings to put on them?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Well thanks to the wise advice of the people on this forum I have decided to go ahead and get the Stockli Laser SC 163cm.

However my problem now is where to get them from? I have contacted the head office, there's no-one in the UK that sells them, I have rung the 2 ski shops in chamonix that sell them and they are out of stock and are not getting in any more this season!
The UK agent (Incline Sports) can send me a pair for £545 incl VAT which although expensive doesnt seem that bad given the apparent quality of these skis.

Does anyone else know where these are sold?

Oh yeah and what binding have people put on theirs (they will now be my sole pair of skis)? The UK supplier can provide them with a Salomon KZ12 smarttrack binding. Oh and any specific mounting position for the bindings?

I also read peolpe get these particularskis tuned at 3 degrees, is that right (and why?)?

Many thanks and again apologies for all the questions,
Brendon
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does that price include a rail?

I've supplied & mounted loads of Vist rails/bindings (Vist make the rails for Stockli if there's already one on the skis) on Stockli's with most of my customers getting Incline to post the skis straight to me. I've also got one pair of Speedlock 19mm race plates left in stock which would be excellent on the Lasers & which I'd supply at cost. See my website for info.

The skis could have a 3 degree side edge angle but Stockli ship skis with varying side angles. Here's what the factory told me by email:
"Most Stöckli skis have a factory base bevel of 1° and a side bevel of 1° to 2°, most common is 2°. For the World Cup skis we use a bevel of 0.5° (Base) and 2 or 3 ° side, most common is 3°."

Here's the factory angles on new Stockli's that I've measured:
07/08 & 08/09 Laser 4D Race Series FIS SL & GS: 1,1.5
2006 Stormrider DP: 1,1
2006 Stormrider XL: 1,2
2007 Laser SL: 0.5,3
2007 Laser GS: 0.5,3
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I saw a good range of stocklis a few weeks ago in Hemsedal, Norway. About the same price as you'd pay anywhere else but the shipping might be steep... but if thems the ones you want! wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Brendonj,
An excellent choice of ski. I got my last pair from Incline Sports, although the first pair came from Telemark Pyrenees two years ago, on sale at about 400 or so Euros. The skis are mounted with Vist Speedlock plates, which means I only need one pair of Vist bindings for three pairs of skis. They were bought from, and mounted by, Spyderjon, whom I highly recommend.
Steve.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys.

Jon, thankyou however after spending the last 2 hours(!) reading up on Vist bindings the 19mm ones appear to be the Speedlock pro which will be too stiff for me. Do you have any of the Speedlock TT in stock?

Failing that can anyone else reccomend any good normal bindings for these skis?

Many thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brendonj, there's are range of Speedlock plates available. All have different flexes/heights & the height does not define the flex.

On that ski you want either the Speedlock Race plate or the Speedlock Pro plate. Both are available in either 15mm or 19mm heights. The Race plate will add stiffness to an already stiff ski but the Pro plate won't affect the stiffness. This is the plate that can be ordered as a factory fit on that ski. I have Pro plates available in either the 15mm or 19mm height & have Speedlock bindings available in either 4-12, 6-14 or 8-16 din ranges.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brendonj,
Got 19mm Speedlock Pro plates on mine, with 614 bindings.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brendonj,

Don't worry in advance, I weigh 125 lbs and have my Lasers SL FIS with Nordica XB WC plate + Look and that combo rips, nothing compare on icy slope.
Go with VIST SPDL pro or race...no risk no fun...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
[quote="spyderjon"

The skis could have a 3 degree side edge angle but Stockli ship skis with varying side angles. Here's what the factory told me by email:
"Most Stöckli skis have a factory base bevel of 1° and a side bevel of 1° to 2°, most common is 2°. For the World Cup skis we use a bevel of 0.5° (Base) and 2 or 3 ° side, most common is 3°."

Here's the factory angles on new Stockli's that I've measured:
07/08 & 08/09 Laser 4D Race Series FIS SL & GS: 1,1.5
Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

Does that mean that factory makes ...mistakes ?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MG, nah, you just seem to get what the guy on the line feels like setting that day.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Val Sport in Grimentz had lots of Stockl skis in stock last week, not sure what models, though.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Call the lovely Sarah (well she sounds nice on the phone!) at Incline and buy from her. They are the only place to get them.

My 193 Stormrider DP Pro + just arrived yesterday Very Happy very prompt and I think a good price at £595 including vat and UK delivery. You won't get cheaper I dont reckon especially with the exchange rate the way it is.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
brendonj wrote:
Salomon KZ12 smarttrack

*swallows down the involuntary throat regurge*
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do I actually need a baseplate or will std bindings do?

Jon, thanks, you said 'but the Pro plate won't affect the stiffness' however in a previous post you have said you have previously said '..Vist are freeflex & can add stiffness to the ski, from the TT at almost none (like the Neox) to the Race which is pretty stiff'. I note the race and the pro seem to be pretty similar hence I would have thought the pro would add stiffness ??
I dont want to make the skis any stiffer (I want to be able to turn them as much as possible) hence why I thought the TT or Pro super light would be the best?

Many thanks,
Brendon
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon wrote:
MG, nah, you just seem to get what the guy on the line feels like setting that day.

A lot of work, yeah ? Madeye-Smiley BTW, just discovered your site, great !
ski holidays
brendonj, There's a noticable difference the Race & Pro plates. You've got a pretty stiff ski (at least an 8 on a scale of 10) to start with so the Pro won't add any stiffness to that ski. Remember that your boot sole is rigid so ski flex underfoot is minimal.
latest report
How do these ski in moguls? I'm looking for a pure piste ski - adv/expert, aggressive short turns, fall-line in bumps (which is where I'll be if on-piste). Want to justify Stocklis but have read various reviews saying they're best for moguls and also rubbish in moguls... If not these, what would be best bet?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy