Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz late April?

Poster: A snowHead
Trying to organise late season trip, been offered deal to Avoriaz within budget. Looking for 4 nights not too far from Geneva (need 2 x single rooms) proving difficult without hefty supplements. Is it worth considering so late in the season?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
billyh, there's typically plenty of snow above around 1600m in late April and this season it looks like a banker.

Saying that, you've got to be prepared for proper "spring conditions" in late April - bullet-proof pistes first thing; lovely spring snow and then slush. All within (seemingly) 10 minutes sometimes.

Personally, my recommendation would be to get up early; ski hard and then enjoy a great, boozy lunch in the sun.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Personally, my recommendation would be to get up early; ski hard and then enjoy a great, boozy lunch in the sun.

I agree entirely. Cool And don't try to ski to Morzine in the afternoon (though I reckon there'll be no snow in Morzine anyway by that time, even this year).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I often go to Avoriaz late season. Last year there was great snow at Avoriaz but Morzine was closed as was the PdS circuit given other resorts had closed.

I'll be going in mid-April this year too.

If you want a short/flexible stay near GVA, consider Chamonix.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does anyone know when the official closing date is for Morzine, Les Gets and the PDS. Would it stay open later if the snow was still good ?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bump
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IIRC Les Gets closes 19/04
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Gets scheduled to close w/end of 18th April, Avoriaz w/end of 25th April. Don't know what happens in Avoriaz but they keep a few lifts open in Les Gets (Chavannes side) if the snow is very good. Only for a few days, as all the TOs evacuate that weekend.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for info.

So, even if this exceptional year continued such that there was still load of snow and pistes in good condition, the season would end on those dates?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We were in Les Gets second week April last year, and the snow was great, including top-ups. They do start to wind down a bit, Mont Chery was closed despite the fab conditions, broke my heart everytime I looked over Crying or Very sad
I would be very surprised if they kept much open after those dates, well in LG anyway.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get from Geneva to the ski resort of Chatel (fairly close to Avoriaz) by public transport on weekends? The really good bus company that sells lift passes along with transport to and from the resort does not go there. Will happily go via train or bus, any information will be really appreciated!

Cheers
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
GenevaSki2009, welcome.

http://www.ifyouski.com/resorts/view/?objectid=237004&template=transport

may help.
It's a good idea to book Saturday bus travel.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kendadj, Basically yes! The resort staff have jobs for the summer season as well and most of the restaurant staff we know pack their bags in the mountains and go down to the med!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi,

Silly question I know but it seems impossible for me to create a new topic? I can only use the quick reply (as I am now) function to respond to posts. Can someone write a post here or PM me the details,
Thanks
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
GenevaSki2009 wrote:
Hi,

Silly question I know but it seems impossible for me to create a new topic? I can only use the quick reply (as I am now) function to respond to posts. Can someone write a post here or PM me the details,
Thanks
GenevaSki2009, go to the top of the page and click on Snowheads Forum Index; on that page you will see "new Topic" icon to left of Forum Index.

Hope it works.
snow conditions
Quote:

So, even if this exceptional year continued such that there was still load of snow and pistes in good condition, the season would end on those dates?

yes, I've found that resorts close when they say they are going to close - and restaurants might well close down before that, if there's nobody much around, however good the snow. If I was heading somewhere for a short holiday, as late as that, I think I'd head to Tignes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy