Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ellis Brigham in Glasgow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I'm new here but have checked in a few times for some advice which has been very useful. Have seen a few posts about EB not being the best when it comes to returns and felt compelled to tell you about a good experience I had today.

I went to EB to buy some boots last March... and walked away with a pair of Salomon Mynx. These boots have been the bain of my life ever since. I've been to Xscape with them several times, worn them in the house, but every time I put them on, I get really numb toes and sore calves, to the point that I can't feel my feet at all. I've been back for at least 3 fittings... had them blown out, had custom footbeds made, got heel wedges, etc. but nothng seems to have worked. Went for a week's skiing in February and ended up hiring boots rather than spoil my whole holiday.

I went to EB today, expecting (from what I read here) that I wouldn't get anywhere with a refund/exchange, and was DELIGHTED to walk out with a credit note for 70% of the value of the boots.

It is for this reason that I went to EB in the first place and was really happy with the service I received (from Tom). Just thought it was worth giving some good feedback to balance out the bad!

Anyway, that's me... now I need to find some new boots. Would love to source some Head i-Type 10s (the boots I hired on holiday), but EB can't order from Head (as there are none in stock). If anyone can advise, please get in touch.

Thanks,
ST snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if your in Edinburgh then have you tried snowlines in bruntsfield? Dont think they stock the brand you are after but Colin is an excellent boot fitter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No boots to fit right now.... and I was really happy with the service at EB. I think my feet are just a bit wonky! rolling eyes Thanks for the tip though!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ShoppingTrolley wrote:
... and was really happy with the service I received (from Tom).

Another thumbs up for Tom from me to ... I bought some Scarpa touring boots there last winter and was impressed by his knowledge & attention to detail.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is Tom the ginger one? if so he fitted me into my new boots last year - was and still am very happy with them and the service I got snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm terrible with faces, I need to meet people about 10 times before I can emember them well enough to describe them. IIRC, he's a sandy ginger though but LOL @ 'Ginger Tom' ... I wonder if he pees in the allotments in Renfrew. Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why is getting only a 70% refund good service?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
II, Nah - the ginger one's called Sandy. Tom's hair is dark, I'd say.

spyderjon, I figured it was good because I wasn't expecting anything back at all. They did say I could take my chances and see if I could get more on ebay... but I reckon given the amount of blowing out and other adjustments that've been done to house my gammy ankles, I wouldn't get anywhere close. Was just happy to get money back at all, without having to kick up a stooshy with Head Office! Perhaps I'm just easily pleased! Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ShoppingTrolley, doesn't sound like you have wonky feet, just either a large [more than 13" circumference] or tight calf muscle
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you had good service there in the first place your boots would fit, surely?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hyweljenkins, That's what I was thinking.. Confused
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Absolutely agree... but it does transpire that I have a dodgy ankle (tore ligaments years ago and didn't physio it better) with very little movement, so perhaps I'm a difficult case. All I'm saying is that it's not impossible to get money back from EB... which was the impression I was given reading other posts on here.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy