Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1 CHF = 1 € in reality....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We were in Verbier last week and did day trips to Chamonix and Flaine.

I observed that the nominal prices for food and drink were the same (or very close to the same) in all three places.
However the CHF/€ rate is about 1.5/1 which makes the french prices a third higher than swiss.

Friends who live in Chamonix supported this by verifying that quite a lot of people there drive over the pass to Martigny for their weekly shopping trips.

We took sandwiches onto the mountains almost every day...credit crunch.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does that mean that the frontaliers will soon be living in Switzerland and driving to work in France?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rungsp, it wasn't our experience in Wengen.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont, so maybe Verbier is the new Bansko? Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp, Yes I agree from a recent comparison of Villars/3 Valleys...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was in Gstaad end of Jan then Zell am See last week... Gstaad about 3x the price at least... but still probably cheaper than Courcheval last easter even though the £ was stronger than today... Big popular French resorts are very very very expensive.... but if you're prepared to cram 12 bodies into a shite apartment that sleeps two comfortably and you like to step out of the boot room, click on and bat round 500 kms of pistes all day, and you're happy to steal your lunch off a breakfast buffet cos you can't afford the £25 they want for cheese toastie on the mountain, you really can't beat France....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

if you're prepared to cram 12 bodies into a shite apartment that sleeps two comfortably and you like to step out of the boot room, click on and bat round 500 kms of pistes all day, and you're happy to steal your lunch off a breakfast buffet cos you can't afford the £25 they want for cheese toastie on the mountain, you really can't beat France....

Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zermatt was still pretty expensive on the mountain last week. I was paying about 17SFr for a spag bol, 4.5 for a coffee, 9 for a Goulasch Soup, 7.5 for a sandwich and outrageously 6 for a 500 ml bottle of powerade (all self service). The one day we ate in one of the service restaurants in truth the prices were only slightly higher.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We paid 5CHF for a 500ml bottle of Fanta orange last week. Childs portion of spag bol was 8 CHF, adult was 13 CHF. When I changed £ to CHF before we went £1 = 1.54 CHF
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B, These sound pretty much the same as I was paying in Les Arcs in January. I will be doing my own research in Zermatt in April, but hoping for a modest increase in the value of the £ before then!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Martin Nicholas, Much cheaper over in Cervinia. 8 euros for a waitress served spag bol in a little restaurant on the piste just above the town and a coffee was remarkably only 1.3 euros in Valtournenche.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy