Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski guiding for non-experts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been skiing about 3 times in austria with my son over the last 6 years. Because we've gone on our own we've had all day lessons. He's reasonably competent but I am still hopeless and extemely slow so skiing with me is frustrating for him and he's looking for practice rather than more lessons. I wondered if there were any chalets or companies which do ski guiding for non-experts. Ideally we'd like a small attractive resort in Europe with easy slopes for me.
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
trevor, i went to schladming with my two sons a few years back with equity ski, , free guiding was great for them whilst i had a couple of lessons to try to keep up, and they offer an all in package with lift tickets, rentals, half board accom, flights and transfers Little Angel also a great sport hotel in schladming with loads of activities and single rooms
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
trevor, Most of the TO's have some guiding (some call it "ski leading") for piste skiers in many of their resorts.

But it is usually only 2-3 days available in any week long holiday, and usually only in fairly large ski areas IME (I have used them in the Dolmites and the Zillertal with Crystal, and Schladming with Equity, and will be doing so in the Ski Welt with Neilson in a few weeks).

They usually seem to expect those skiing with them to be able to cope with reds, but will only venture onto blacks if they have a group who all want it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

They usually seem to expect those skiing with them to be able to cope with reds,

I've been at some chalets where they do a "slow day" (cruise the blues) as well as faster days. trevor, is the guiding for you, or your son?
Another thing to consider would be a holiday with an outfit such as Simon Butler in megeve, where you would both have lessons at your own levels, but also have time for some free skiing. If you go to a reasonable sizeable chalet you should be able to find kindred spirits to ski with outside lessons or guided sessions, too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Trevor
Ski club of GB have guides in many resorts, in Austria it is Zell am See, Kitzbuhel and Obergürgl , there are lots of resorts in France, have a look at the Ski club site and if you join in a resort I think you get 2 years membership for the price of 1.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nads wrote:
Trevor
Ski club of GB have guides in many resorts, in Austria it is Zell am See, Kitzbuhel and Obergürgl , there are lots of resorts in France, have a look at the Ski club site and if you join in a resort I think you get 2 years membership for the price of 1.

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/reports/general/default.asp : first 37 (when you click on resorts) have a rep.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks -it's mainly for my son. Perhaps next time I'll book with a tour operator, until now I've been too mean or left it too late. Pam -do you remember which chalets had a 'slow day' , sounds ideal.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy