Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Grave: 6th to 9th April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi fellow snowHead. Any of you around for a cheeky few days in La Grave. I am looking for competent off-pisters to play with in that free ride paradise. I have never been there before so will need a guide.

For the veterans of LG what conditions can I expect?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For guide I strongly recommend Manu Lestienne - you can contact him through the guides' office.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What agreat place Very Happy Enjot Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PP,

can't really help with conditions as you wil get what you get, of course.

But I would think you stand a good chance to be able to ski down beyond P1 ( the 1st stage of the lifts )..if you so wish...but once you done this once, you can give up on the idea after that, IMV.
This year's snow in the valley has been as good as any, they say.

Not quite sure whether the top drags are working and this should be an inconvenience in April but I have been there before when they didn't run and there will be plenty of stuff to do, anyway.

You will need to hook up with people to ski with and for most, this means guided. The guide will choose the best spot to ski on a daily basis after a morning conference about the conditions, so you buy local passes daily. It may well be that you don't ski Le Grave at all... you go to ADH or SC or whereever they recommend...
This is not a problem, this is the way it is...they want to give you the best day they can.
Budget for 300eu a day for a guide upto a group of 6-7

Stay in Le Grave itself for the 1st time round..very friendly as everyone knows you are here for the same thing...

Best to have your own skis.... as the hire shops are a bit hit and miss... helpful and accomodating but if you are picky about skis, then bring your own...
It may well be that the Guides will want to skin somewhere and will ask if you are up for this... your call, and the hire shops will have a choice of AT set-ups..

If you ski the LG hill, expect laps of 2000 mtrs vertical which is tiring, so be in shape. The combination of 4 hard days and the 3200m altitude takes its toll.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PP, we'll still be around although we can only do LG on weekdays that aren't public holidays. What kind of things are you looking to do?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PP, Early April I'd be horrified if you couldn't ski to P1 and surprised if you couldn't ski (this year) to the bottom
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm out there, well just outside SC as a base for five weeks leaving this Friday - have doen LG for nigh on the past 10 years, though majority of those on a snowboard, though now a days I swing both ways - have a couple of mates coming out March 22nd for a week where depending on conditions we'll either be LG or touring - and then its the Derby La Meije 1-3rd April - but don't rule out doing some touring as you're out there in April.

As for snow really can go either way - I'm hoping for lots of Atlantic depressions similar to what will happen this next week - as we have not had any this year, so has to happen sooner or later.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Swirly and Weathercam, thanx for your responses. I am planning to be there from the monday (6th) through to thursday (9th) inclusive. I thought i would join a guided group for a day or two and then hook up with some locals or snowHead . Its difficult to say what kind of things i am looking to do as i have never been there before, but generally anything goes: steepness is not an issue (in good conditions); will do some small hucks; i try to avoid high exposure routes (recently became a father).

Unfortunately i dont have an AT set up so cant do any touring.

Would be great to meet up and play. I am easy with regards to days within that week.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PP I know quite a few guides in LG - do a couple of their websites ( www.peras.se www.jonatanhulten.com ) that said Per's off to Norway for quite a while a week after I'm out there, but there are others I know.

My mobile is 07889 720 565 - with regards to touring you can hire all the kit in La Grave - in fact if you have not sorted your accomodation yet then some friends run the Edelweiss hotel and they are a Black Diamond test centre ( well have been for the last couple of years) so you can use the kit gratis.

If you want to sort the hotel out, speak to Marlon and say Gavin told you to ring!

Regards
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just don't complain about Robin's music... Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And don't get talking about mountain biking rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Weathercam, I am booked into skierslodge from sunday through to thursday and i will probably join their guided groups for some of the time (although i have not confirmed that yet). I will give you a call earlier to the time to see what you are up to. PS very brave to leave your number on a public forum.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PP, I went over yesterday - there's loads of cover, and easily skiable right down in spite of the recent thaw. Early April will be fine as there's colder temps and more snow on the way.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, thanx for the update.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy