Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grumpy old man

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Masque, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Timmaah wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:

e) walkie talkie users, do they know how stupid they sound?

Really?

Sat with mine on scan mode in La Plagne last month for entertainment. Temptation to start joining in with folks conversations was almost too much. Maybe after more beer.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Specialman wrote:
PsychoBabble, unfortunately point A is one of my bad habits - I like to do what Boris does and have ether a chair to myself (when on my own) or go up with the rest of my group and not have some random sat next to me like a spare booby. Smile Mind you, I've met a few nice people in those situations so it does have its benefits...

I'm surprised you will still do it if you recognise it as a bad habit.

If things are busy, then to me it is a very seriously anti-social habit. Evil or Very Mad

If it is quiet, so that nobody is waiting more than one or two chairs anyhow, then fine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Lou wrote:
If anyone feels they can text, photograph etc on a poma lift, good luck to them

Fairly straight forward, even on a snowboard.

Straightforward, granted, but not when you need to swop your goggles/sunnies for reading glasses.........
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

If it is quiet, so that nobody is waiting more than one or two chairs anyhow, then fine.

Not what I thought at nearly 4pm, on my own, at the bottom of the Chavanette (Swiss Wall), in Les Crozets, having left my beginner mate at the top. I knew we had to get right across Avoriaz to Morzine & was somewhat unsure of directions, chairlifts still required after this etc (Avoriaz piste map now completely shredded & wasn't much use to start with Crying or Very sad ). All I was sure about was, it's a long way & getting over that mountain was essential! Arrive at the bottom to find the queue is 4 french blokes, plus me. All 4 go through the magnetic scanner thing, then 1 decides he has urgent boot issues to sort & stops, so I pole past him. The chair is a 3-man, so 3 barriers, which the remaining 3 blokes go right up to Confused & proceed to chat at, completely blocking access to the lift, while 6 or 7 chairs go by rolling eyes . After 3 chairs & gave up with 'excuse-moi' & prodded 1 'gently' wink Evil or Very Mad on the back bottom with a pole. He soon moved.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
what...snow, if 6 or 7 chairs went by he was lucky to get away with a gentle prod Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Walkie talkies are extremely useful when tree skiing: the group almost always seem to get split up and somehow people never seem to be able to hear when you shout. Very useful too if someone goes round a corner or down a gully a bit to check out a possible route, and needs to tell the others to come on or not. Perhaps I should buy some.
Not sure what piste skiers use them for.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
used walkie talkies once with adults sons in Chamonix- very useful. We were skiing different area up the valley and remarkably were able to keep in touch from La Tour to Flegere.
however have to admit did feel embarrassed using them especially the "over and out" etc.!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ruthie wrote:
have to admit did feel embarrassed using them especially the "over and out" etc.!

That's very embarrassing indeed! Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
laundryman, Laughing Very, very embarassing. I do hope you've never committed that offence...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy