Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grenoble: Helmets in hand luggage? (seriously)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
maggi wrote:
Problem is, you have absolutely no rights at all at security. At Doncaster (Robin Hood), the jobsworth confiscated my water bottle even though it was empty. It was a specially shaped one that fitted into my rucksack pocket and as I don't know where to buy another I was quite cross. He said he didn't care if it was empty as I could go through and fill it up before I got on the plane! Shocked . So, what do they sell in duty free that is dangerous when decanted but fine when not? After a short Pythonesque conversation I got quite shirty. I was then told that either I shut up and apologised for being rude or I would be refused boarding!!!! Shocked

So I wouldn't argue too much Scarpa ...... rolling eyes

I hope you took his name and reported him to management on your return.

That sort of power mad bullying is not acceptable.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alex_heney, I should have done. But I was so shocked at the time, and worried that I would spoil everyone's holiday (there was a group of us) by not being allowed on the plane that I just said, "Sorry, I'm sorry, allright?" and legged it clutching my shoes, rucksac, jacket, mobile and belt, trying to stop my trousers falling down ......
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went back through Grenoble a couple of weeks back and can confirm that there is a HUGE notice advising that boots and helmets are not permitted in hand luggage, whats more they do enforce it, even kiddies helmets. To be fair to the check in staff my luggage was 24 kg and they did not even comment, I knew it was overweight so it was packed with my backpack on the top in preperation of having to put 4 kg of dirty washing into it. Try my approach common sense usually prevails, ski holdalls are huge and helmets weigh buggar all !!.

What is bizarre however is the first shop you come to after check in, sell's a whole range of overpriced equipment including helmets !!.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 25-02-09 23:50; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mosha Marc wrote:
RobW, I'm worried they'll be crushed.

Then they will have done you a favour, because it wont be much use if you need it to protect your head Puzzled .
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Then they will have done you a favour, because it wont be much use if you need it to protect your head

That's not strictly true - if your helmet gets even slightly crushed or dented from being in your hold luggage then it becomes much less effective as helmet. Helmets can only absorb so much in the way of impacts - I don't want the Grenoble baggage handlers using some of my helmet's 'allowance' up for me...

Quote:

What is bizarre however is the first shop you come to after check in, sell's a whole range of overpriced equipment including helmets !!.

Grrr..... rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Helmets are flexible with regard to side presure on the edges above the ear pads. This could lead to unobserved damage beneath the shell. If a heavy suitcase is placed on your bag then this could happen.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Update.... Cham is now apparently allowing helmets. Ski's and boots still banned. The power of snowHeads perhaps? Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not trying to resurrect this thread, but thought I'd give a quick update - I passed through Grenoble last week and they no longer ban helmets in hand luggage (thankfully, as I had nowhere else to put mine!).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy