Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski instructors in Samoens?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We're going to Samoens in a couple of weeks and although this is the 5th time we've been there it's the first time we've had to consider ski school.

I don't want to put the kids in ski school but I may be tempted by a private lesson or two. They are 5 and almost 4 and will have completed 4 sno cubs sessions at MK before we go. The 3 year old has pretty much mastered a snowplough, the 5 year old has watched too much ski sunday and thinks snowploughs are for the weak. He can do a skid stop. They are both pretty confident in the MK fridge but I'm not sure how this will translate to the mountain (it's a long time since last years attempts)

If we do decide on a couple of lessons can anyone recommend a good instructor or school to go with? Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Skimummy, Zigzag ski school would be my recommendation, a little more expensive than ESF, ESI but IMHO worth the extra. We've used them quite a lot, in fact I'm going out this weekend with friends, 3 of whom are beginners, 2 nervous early intermediates and I've booked private lessons for 3 days. Hope this helps.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimum, Thanks. Have you used Zigzag with young children? Is there a particular instructor worth asking for? snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could have a look at http://www.snowgurus.com/home.html used them to find an english speaking instructor in chatel for private lessons
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Skimummy, I've not used them for very young children, ours were about 9 and 10 at the time, they had Adrien who set the ski school up with his sister Jenny. It's not a big school, with probably only about 7 instructors, but in my vast experience of ski lessons (I kid you not) I've been very impressed, as have my husband, brother and friends that we've recommended them too. Adrien's english is excellent, he's young, fun and our kids loved him so I think he'd be great for your littlies but ring the office and speak to Louise, I'm sure you'll find her really helpful.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skimum, I think their office is near our chalet (near the Cheese factory) If i'm thinking of the right place it will be easy to call in if we decide to give a lesson a go.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used ZigZag last year but for private lessons for myself and found them fine.

The office is at the roundabout across from the Grand Massif Express carpark - kinda at the back of the pizzeria place.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy