Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fit vs function

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went shopping for ski boots at snow and rock in bristol and let them measure my feet ask questions and then select the appropriate boot for me to try.
I was looking for a general All mountion boot.
The boot I was sold was salomon spk pro boot, which was the best fitting boot for my foot shape, really comfortable. but it is a park boot quite soft, and the staff convinced me that the boot was suitable for what im after. I ve been skiing for years but never had any disposable income to buy my own boots (student) so Ive had the same boots for about 8 years. Have I been sold the wrong boot?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Couldn't tell you to be honest, that said the SPK wouldn't ever get withing 1000 miles of the selection of boots we have in our store.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elston, Welcome to Snowheads. I'm not a boot expert but the ski instructor I had in Zermatt last week had those boots, he described them as freeride/freestyle and seemed to wear them all the time, certainly for teaching.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That was quick response, wasnt expecting that! They were by far the best fit they had for my foot, and I will try them and see, can always take them back and get a proportion of the retail cost back in store credit if im not happy. I just hope they have'nt flogged me what ever they had in stock that fitted my foot!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Colin B, but what did he wear when he was out skiing?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mosha Marc, Don't know didn't ask but I assume them. During 6 hours of private lessons he used them on piste, on itineraries (mogulled one day, powder another) and park (nice 360). Nothing too extreme though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have some friends who are awesome all-mountain skiers, off piste and in the park included and they swear by these boots for comfort and performance.

As long as they feel good my understanding of these boots is that you will not have a problem
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Seems an odd choice of boot, did nothing else really fit? Or was that the first selection?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nothing else came close for my foot shape, I let them select the boots for my foot. not too keen on the style, but the fit is great. I tried on some other boots they suggested but the fit was no where near as good. I'll try them and see.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Elston, Go for fit every time.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Elston, broadly fit over function. But you're right, maybe there is another boot by salomon made from the same last that would therefore have fitted just as well, but aimed at what you want them for, that they simply didn't stock. I'd guess most shops would not be above easing you into what they had.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy