Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Day In Tamworth- I Can Board :D-Woop

Poster: A snowHead
Hiya All,

I had my snowboarding lesson for the day at the snowdome. I loved it, i wanna get back on the slopes and practice. We started off on the toeside (is that correct?) facing the top of the slope going down backwards. I found that quite hard to start off with, i was going down too fast so my heels werent fully lifted, I wipped out LOTS !!!!, FACEPLANTED the snow,lol it hurt alot . It took a few runs to get use to it, also landed on my coxal twicel. Next they added directions left and right which i found better, i kept on going to close to the wall,haha, i felt much more comfortable we added direction.

We then switch edges on to the heelside, which i got straight away Very Happy, with directions too, they said i should go ahead and try linking a turn just the once. Which i did but couldnt stop, Ooops, in the end i just bailed and forced myself down.

Over the day I went over the toeside and heelside, linking the 1 turn, as i was goofy i started on the toeside i believe?. The instructors showed us how to link 2 turns which i managed, from toeside to heelside, then back onto toeside pushing my right foot down and lifting my left foot. I also learn hw to stop which is cool, i come back onto the heelside to do so tho.

Had lunch and dinner, then went out for a final hour n a half. We headed to the top of the snowdome, as we were just doing all the turns n stuff from half way up.

I only managed to get in 1 plus half a run. the first time down from the top i started on my toeside edge and fell flat of my FACE AGAIN when i wanted to go onto the heelside on the turning. I ended up pickin myself up and doing the rest very slowly cos it hurt my ass !!!

Second time was better took my time and managed to get near the bottom, ran out of speed which is surprising cos i was super fast on the heelside in practice.

Anyway they said i met the standards so i can go whenever nw,lol. It was frickkin AWESOME Very Happy

Just a quick question to all u Goofy's that have been to Tamworth, How do u start at the top of the hill?, Toeside or Heelside? Cos 2 people on the lessons with me who were goofy went down heelside first?? Is that not what i should be doing? as my right leg is my lead leg, i didnt feel too comfortable going down toeside. Just that the hill goes from left to right then back left ( a C shape) then u make your own way down (S shape).

Many Thanks Guys & Gals !!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jdizzle, i don't ride at tam and ride regular, so really can't be of any help to you. but glad you enjoyed your first day. now the addiction will REALLY kick in and all you'll be able to think about is when you can make your next turn... Laughing welcome to the white powder club!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 23-02-09 23:18; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jdizzle, i usually start on heelside then a quick 90 degree flick and go
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jdizzle, congrats and welcome to the world of the single plankers :Smile

Don't worry about stacking it - everyone does it at some point. It's just part of learning and as you push yourself you'll get fewer and fewer falls. Tam is a horrid place to fall – the slope is like solid ice and nothing like a normal piste in a resort. Just wait until you get onb some fresh powder; falling into it is a pleasure.

At Tam I start heelside (I'm goofy) at the top then just carve it down. Heelside is only to assess what's in font and get up to speeed, then it's toes with little heel corrections
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jdizzle, i usually start on toeside then a quick 90 degree flick and go Very Happy
and very well done indeedie Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jdizzle, nice one !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi There!
I live in Tamworth and have been spending some time recently at the dome as my youngest wants to get into boarding (may well give it a go myself) - quick couple of questions (if thats ok)

jdizzle; did you do the 'course in a day' approach or take lessens over some time? (I've been thinking of joining up a membership)

Sherlock235; whats 'wrong' with the dome? - I must admit I've heard it can be harder to learn than on real snow - but when its in your back yard - cant be that bad a deal Smile - I dont fancy the artificial slops (aka swadlingcote) as that just looks painful to land on Smile

Cheers
Wayne.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
planetWayne, welcome to snowheads snowHead i'm confused. aaaah. i see what you mean. doh! i'm missing an important "i" at the start of that sentence. Embarassed i'll edit it now. cheers!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Specialman and nigel b, thanks, that makes more sense as i'm going toward the right, so i'll be using my leading leg Very Happy. Will deffo give that ago nw, heelside then onto toeside, bck onto heelside, carving down.

planetWayne, I did the learnin 2 board in a day @ the snowdome, its great fun and you get lots of one on one time with the instructors. you start off with the basic toeside, then they add directions b4 moving onto the heelside and turns. its certainly worth in, i've made some great friends.

i do have to say on one occasation i fell down i did wind myself badly so took a breather, it is very hard when you fall, just about recovered now and ready to learn more. its the whole day 9-5.

As i'm 20 i'll most certainly be getting the membership, take it on as a hobby and who knows,lol.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh to be 20 again <sigh>
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DebbiDoesSnow, indeed... seems eons ago Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DebbiDoesSnow, I'd hate that... I'd never skied by then Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I get up on which either side doesn't hurt from the day/ night before. Never occured to me there was a right or wrong side
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarpa, I had, have dodgy pics to remind me of the fashion faux pas Embarassed
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
have dodgy pics to remind me of the fashion faux pas Embarassed

she's not kidding either! Toofy Grin
snow report
Kruisler one word "boat" wink
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow,

Aye sailor! Laughing
ski holidays
Ha, I'll love 2 see the dress codes on the slopes back then.
snow conditions
jdizzle, Congrats man its all downhill from there Madeye-Smiley
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy