Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

best all round lens colour?

Poster: A snowHead
hey everyone, what is the best all round lens colour to go for? just looking at the oakley goggles and there are three to choose from, black iridium, g30 and and persimmon. i cant afford to buy a pair of goggles for each type of condition so im after the best coloured lens to do a job in low light and bright conditions, any ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I as I just said on another thread, I ski with persimmon goggles in all conditions, from sunny days to blizzards. Haven't worn sunglasses in 4 years.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sabraham, Bolle Nova with vermillion modulator. Photochromic lens adjusts light transmission depending on the light intensity from 26%-66% Vermillion colour should improve contrast in bad light making it easier too see bumps. There is a modulator citrus aswell. I think the modulator lenses are only available on the Nova. I dont own these but have another Bolle goggle which is very comy (vermillion Gun lens too dark for poor light) also have Oakley wisdom less comfy than Bolle (HI yellow lens very high transmission too bright for sunny days) Each is good on its day but not what you are looking for.

Gun on the bolle lenses indicates a mirror finish and have lower transmission than the corresponding non-gun lens.

Lost a cheap pair of CEBE this year pink lens (similar to vermillion) really good contrast in bad light fogged a bit but probably cause I blocked the vents Embarassed

IMO its hard to beat sunglasses on the bright days though.

The bolle site is http://www.bolle-europe.eu/
When you get there click Technology > goggles > lens

It gives info about their lens colors for different conditions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've used the persimmon for a couple of years although they are a little bright in sunny conditions. I've now just ordered a darker pair... for the spring skiing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the info RPF, only problem is, is that the goggles are for my gf and she has set her heart on having the oakley stockholm
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sabraham, Loads here @ Filarinskis with 20% discount:

http://www.filarinskis.co.uk/store/category.vc?categoryId=987

Persimmon are probably your best bet.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The LST Trail Silver is the best lens I've come across. I find it fine in bright sunshine and very overcast but a bit dark in a proper pea-souper (although the contrast remains very good. Also, the lenses are bomb proof. I had a pair of Bollés a few years back and the lenses scratched up within a week
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
...oh it's an Adidas lens BTW
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
oakley website says the persimmon is for flat light though so wouldnt it be a bit naf in bright sunshine?>
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sabraham, have you got a link to that please ? I wear Amber dragons and they are great for all conditions, but really low light, I would rather have a different goggle.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yep, http://oakley.com/women/pd/3603 click on the lens tab, says persimmon is for flat light
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
An Oakley Permsimmon lens with an Iridium coating is a good all round lense. Best of both worlds but quite hard to find.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

sabraham, Loads here @ Filarinskis with 20% discount:

http://www.filarinskis.co.uk/store/category.vc?categoryId=987

Persimmon are probably your best bet.

sabraham, Stockholms it is so it is so. Bought my oakleys here too. Great servive.

IncogSkiSno, the HI yellow Oakley are especially for flat light. Yellow lenses generally have a ghigh transmission and filter out blue light to give better contrast in flat light.
I got the wisdoms If you wear a helmet I've heard they dont fit so good might wanna check out different frame.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ye all i an findae persin, black iriium and g30. black iridium is for medium to bright light so the website says but they do look a very dark lens
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
well from what i have found on the net persimmon let too much light in on sunny days and black iridium are pants on cloudy days. haha anyone know anything about the g30 lens?
snow conditions
http://oakley.com/women/pd/3603 is the link you want. Click on the "Lens Tint" tab under the main pic then click "Change lens". It says G30 is Medium to bright light. I have the Stockholms in persimmon but I wear sunnies when it sunny as they're too bright.
snow report
Barkymark wrote:
The LST Trail Silver is the best lens I've come across.

Is that the Silver Birch model ? Toofy Grin Laughing
snow report
sabraham, I have the Oakley sunnies in persimmon and black iridium polarised - wot maggi said. I wore the persimmon lens all week in Selva because the light changed so quickly becuase of the shade cast by the mountain, if I had changed to the black iridium I would not have had enough definition but the persimmon did let in too much light on the open pistes. I'm thinking about G30 or pink iridium to add to my range.
ski holidays
I've gone for the fire iridium as a bright condition goggle. Lets hope I get to see some sun.
ski holidays
geepee, Laughing you should worry, I'm more concerned with how the old ones got so scratched in just a week... wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy