Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying new kit for a relative beginner, Venture Boards

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

Having just started to get back into boarding after 12 years off I'm looking to pick up my own equipment. Didn't reach any great skill level 12 years ago but was capable of linking up my turns etc and happilly traversing the blue runs! After a trip down to MK I've got the bug again and looking to get back into it in a big way, even though I still haven't got over bruising my coccyx yet!

Have been doing a fair bit of research into which board to go for. Does anyone know anything about Venture boards? I'm 5'10" and about 75kg (I think, am a little under 12 stone) and have been informed that I should be looking at boards between 155 - 157 in length. Am just looking for a do anything board really, although don't expect to be trying out the park anytime soon. The Venture Zephyr looks pretty damn nice to me, although not sure if this is available in the UK, still happy to pay the cost of getting one sent over if it's worth it.

I appreciate there are a fair few posts from people asking for start up help so apologies to bore you all with another one! Would greatly appreciate any thoughts/comments before I fork out £300+

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't say I've ever heard of Venture Snowboards, they are cartainly not a well known name in Europe.

Looking at the Venture site, they don't look bad but they don't look any better than many other brands that you could get hold of more easily in the UK. I would suggest getting yourself back down to MK and demoing some boards from The Snowboard Assylum on the slope there. Especially at this time of year you should be able to pick up a decent board (possibly something like a Burton Clash) for a lot less than £300, with the added advantage that you will have tested it so you'll know how it rides before you buy it.

Your specs sound about right, but if you go to TSA they'll be able to set you up with a board that is right for you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy