Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Britsh Airways Check In - WARNING

Poster: A snowHead
Michelle, Because the nice ground crew in GVA don't charge you if you decide to bring a bag back when you hadn't planned to Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beanie1, there's only 4 boarding groups:
SB Speedy Boarding - gets you on first for your choice of seats
SA Special Assistance - for those that require assistance or for families with children under 5 years (? I think the age of 5 is correct Confused )
A -the first to check in
B - everyone else
If I were that desperate, Id pay for the SB and get the dedicated check in desk to, so as not to have to queue up with 'the rabble' wink
rayscoops, I don't think we have dedicated baggage drops - certanly not at Gatwick anyway.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, Shocked must be your smile... or summit wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michelle, Very Happy It's the way I tell'em
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last year I tried to check in online the full 24hrs before my BA departure (GVA-Gatwick) and couldn't do it. When I got to the airport they explained that I was on standby and I should hang around until 30mins before the flight was due to go to find out if I would be able to fly. No apology, no explanation. All very annoying esp as I could have been in the (non-BA) lounge I have access to rather than hanging around the checkin hall. I got a seat on the flight in the end but was not happy.
IMO the superior attitude of their cabin crew is unjustified as ths example shows.

Last week I missed an Easyjet flight. I phoned up beforehand to warn them that it was likely and check my options and was advised to turn up at the airport, throw 30 quid at them and I would get on the next flight.

I know which airline gets my vote for leisure travel.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well after complaining BA have credited us with 10,000 BA Miles between us, their first offer was only 5,000. Reasonably happy with that it will cover one return European flight. I've now got over 30K I've got to decide what to do with.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Colin B, result! Well done to BA for service recovery.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michelle, I am sure I have seen some luggage drop points, but maybe not with Easyjet

the speedy boarding is fun on a half empty flight Little Angel , or when the plane is accessed by a bus Laughing life seems so unfair at times !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No speedy boarding for us on our rammed half term flights. This was great as someone else got to sit next to my kids Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oi, Snowman, no!! It's the kids' holiday too, you know.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, have you done a trip report ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Colin B,
I'm glad you managed to get onto your flight - I know from personal experience how frustrating it can be to not be guaranteed the flight you booked months before. American carriers have done it to me numerous times - maybe because I usually travel alone - who knows - although if they can identify alternative flights or routes to get you where you want to be, they can still get you through check-in and security quickly - the stress coming when you are finally waiting to be assigned a seat at the gate. BA, to their credit, are quite good at compensation. My cousin and his wife were recently snowed in at Madrid (I know, who knew Madrid got that much snow!) and the BA partner at the airport, Iberia, weren't doing a great job at providing overnight accom vouchers / meal tickets etc. so they called the BA helpline in the UK (Thanks to the very kind man who lent them his mobile!). BA told them to go book into a hotel for a night, keep their receipts for lunch and dinner and submit a claim once they returned to the states. Arriving in the UK after more delays the next day due to fog at Heathrow, they couldn't believe that BA was going to pay - it was exceptional circumstances after all. When they got back to the states, they submitted their receipts - about $350 - and promptly received a cheque with a letter of apology giving then $400 of BA credit (for use by any member of their family thank you very much) in addition to reimbursing their expenses! The best bit - because they booked the flights so early the original tickets had only cost them $60 and they totally loved Madrid so spending another night there was a bonus! I doubt Queesyjet or Ryan don't care customers could say the same.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Having read this thread I thought I'd make sure that I checked in on-line just to be safe. My friend and I are flying from Glasgow to Gatwick on Saturday morning and from Gatwick to Venice on Sunday morning. We're going to use the early check-in facility at Gatwick to check-in on Saturday afternoon, so that should be fine, but I notice that I can't check-in on-line for the Glasgow flight because my kids are under twelve years old Puzzled. I'm sure on a Saturday morning the flight will be quite quiet but i wonder why you can't check kids in on-line?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Help!! Just tried to check in online for a flight tomorrow night, LCY - EDI. Online check in is available, but when I try to check in it says "Online check in not available for this flight. We suggest you review the status of your booking." So I go and check my booking, all seems hunky dory and it tells me online check is available... It's really important I can check in online as I will be very tight on time tomorrow!! Flying up for a wedding on Sat.

Anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
beanie1, I can only suggest giving them a call.
snow report
laundryman, unfortunately they don't open again until 9am tomorrow morning, by which time I'll be on my first aid course and nowhere near a computer. Confused
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy