Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would it be fair to compare 3 Vallees with Sella Ronda?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
bad_roo, seems likely.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobW wrote:
Might explain why I've always found the Swiss side of the PdS quieter than the Dolomites.
Which in turn might explain why I've found the Swiss side of PdS more appealing than the traffic laden ring road affectionately called "Sella Ronda". It may be of course a bias on my personal sample, but the SR has so far denied me the joy of roaming a huge area and hitting upon a quiet hill with nary a skier in sight.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dfl,

You do know Sella Ronda is made up by only 4 out of the 12 areas of Dolomitis. You will not have a problem to find deserted piste in the rest of the 1200km piste domain. Even within the Sella Ronda there are huge areas branched out in every one of the 4 corners.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would agree with saikee, you can find lots of empty runs if you just use the Sella Ronda as access to other areas.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah, those 'traffic-laden' Dolomite pistes! wink

Send me back so I can fight the crowds! Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice photoshop work, luigi!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why not compare the 2 if all you are interested in is miles of piste and commuter skiing? Personally I'd be quite interested in the Selle Ronda for the scenery alone and I've found some of the stuff horizon and snowball have done potentially very interesting.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
saikee, how up to date are you re Swiss PDS lifts? There's been considerable investment in the last few years.

Re scenery, have you been down to Grand Paradis?

I've never skied the 3Vs, and from chums' reports I have no particular urge to do so. Dolomites have been experienced only on one short trip to Cortina. The skiing that we skied was fine is unexceptional. Although that could easily be down to a lack of insider knowledge. Very pretty though, especially under a full moon after dinner.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Check out this couloir action to see some of the "unexceptional" skiing in Cortina d'Ampezzo, heli-drop not necessary as it's lift-served! (read the comments underneath):

http://youtube.com/v/gqx-x5Q4uGs

A bit of an eye-opener for any Dolomite detractors!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Murdoch,

The last time I ski PDS was 2004 Christmas. I would expect the area to be improved continuously but the complaint on too many drag lifts had been voiced by other SH. I do think the Swiss do not want their resorts over developed beyond the infrastructure capability (like roads, accommodation etc) and this quite evident in many Swiss resorts even places like Davos and St Moritz.

The wife and I were the only guests staying at the Swiss hotel in 2004 Christmas. The guy who ran it waited for us to finish breakfast and went home before left the hotel for our skiing.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy