Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What length of ski should i be looking at?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am 6 ft and 82kg, and a solid intermediate skiier. I more or less stay on piste and prefer medium+ speeds. What sort of length skis should i be looking at?

cheers guys Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
183.75cm Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seriously.... prob something around 177. But try demo'ing a few lengths of the same ski, there are a lot of variables and so much depends on the interaction between each person and the model of ski.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 22-02-09 1:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Andehh, you can look at all the lengths its what lenght you ski on that matters NehNeh

Seriously though I'm similar size to you and ski same size as recomended by Scarpa. You may be able to bo a bit shorter if you are mainly on piste. Had a lot of fun on 170cm salomon tornados this year. You probably dont want to go too fat in the waist (of the skis not you) (although if your waist expands you may need a longer ski Very Happy ) if your staying on piste . I'm gonna stop advising at this point cause I'm not really qualified to say more other than my experiences. Demo as much you can though get a feel for what you like.
I have found the video reviews on www.skis.com to be accurate wrt some skis I demoed.
Tip on rading reviews. Read between the lines look and see if the review shows that the reviewer is really "blown away" by the ski or are they just being PC to ensure advertising revenue Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RPF wrote:
Andehh, you can look at all the lengths its what lenght you ski on that matters NehNeh

Seriously though I'm similar size to you and ski same size as recomended by Scarpa. You may be able to bo a bit shorter if you are mainly on piste. Had a lot of fun on 170cm salomon tornados this year. You probably dont want to go too fat in the waist (of the skis not you) (although if your waist expands you may need a longer ski Very Happy ) if your staying on piste . I'm gonna stop advising at this point cause I'm not really qualified to say more other than my experiences. Demo as much you can though get a feel for what you like.
I have found the video reviews on www.skis.com to be accurate wrt some skis I demoed.
Tip on rading reviews. Read between the lines look and see if the review shows that the reviewer is really "blown away" by the ski or are they just being PC to ensure advertising revenue Twisted Evil

Dont trust skis.com

Just sayin'
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy