Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shipping from US to UK

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all Puzzled

Does anyone have any recommendations for ordering snowboarding jackets, pants, etc. from the US to the UK. I have been to a few London shops and products are very expesive in comparison to US web sites, especially when the exchage rates are so good at the moment. Also are there any sizing difference between US to Uk sizes? And finally, are there any shipping/VAT issues?

Hope someone can help out snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've always found snowboarding in my pants a bit too cold! wink Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Add shipping costs.
Add import duty.
Add VAT on total cost including the above.
Add currency conversion costs.

Unless the UK price is greater than 130% of the US it probably is not a break even deal.

Watch out for the US seller sending the goods through a shipper which charges for handling the import and VAT.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you get clobbered for import duty all the savings and more will go out of the window.
Due to the trade wars with the US import duty is going up to 17% on many items. You have to pay this on the purchase price plus delivery. Then, you have to pay 17.5% VAT on the whole lot. Plus a fine if you try to avoid it!
I know, not cus I have been caught but because I spoke to Customs about it because I was looking at some US suppliers for my on-line store www.bargainboards.co.uk. I bet my prices are cheaper than the US anyway!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy