Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hacks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've noticed that I get hacks on my ski boots and at the bottom of my salopettes - does anybody else get these?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Poor you , Goldsmith & Swiller get some odd places.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jb1970, if you mean nasty cut/scratch things, yes I'd noticed that on my (now rather well used) ski boots. I suspect it happens when I stamp on my bindings when I take the skis off (ie instead of poking them with a sharp stick) though I'm not sure. The first foot you do (with the ski still on the stamping foot) probably gets cut by the edge of the ski sometimes. Having just got shiny new boots I thought maybe I should stop doing this!

I'll be interested in any other suggestions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jb1970, if you mean scratches and cuts - yes - it's normal.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe he has beer soaked journalists at the bottom of his legs.

I'll get me coat.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, I had always assumed they happened in falls where the skis don't come off (or in ones where they do, but before they do so).

I've certainly got several gashes in the bottom of the legs of my salopettes, and it is only recently I have even started taking the second ski off by treading on the binding. I've never done it with the first ski.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
when I fall I normally scrape an edge against my trousers which are agains my boots... result is always a little hole!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
See I thought this thread would be about journos, but it's actually about scruts. And yes, they bug me too...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hacks, scruts, what are these strange words? And, while on the subject of strange words, where's this word "stylee" come from? I've spotted it several times on here recently. But, back on topic, the legs of my fartbag got so cut up, I had some big patches (jodhpur reinforcement-shaped) put on, rather racy looking, and will no doubt prolong yet further the life of this already venerable garment. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle wrote:
Hacks, scruts, what are these strange words? And, while on the subject of strange words, where's this word "stylee" come from? I've spotted it several times on here recently.

'Stylee' is wigger-speak - Ali G types.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A scrut is somewhere between a scratch and a cut. Obvious really...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
queen bodecia, well, now you say it...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skiing with your feet close together may not be quite as much in favour nowadays as it once was but I've always put down cuts and scrapes to normal wear and tear from having the skis close.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jb1970, I remember 'Hacks' as a bad tasting 1960/70's throat lozenge. I think you would have preferred to have sucked on a 'Fishermans Friend'. wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
chris wrote:
jb1970, I remember 'Hacks' as a bad tasting 1960/70's throat lozenge. I think you would have preferred to have sucked on a 'Fishermans Friend'. wink

Your words, not mine!!!!

I would prefer the Fisherman and his Friend!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy