Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Euro$tar overnight service question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Doing this tonight. On leisure select for free booze and a bit more room. Anyway, do they provide any sort of sleep comfort pack thingy? I'm thinking in terms of earplugs, eye mask, pillow etc
Don't want to start buying this junk only to find it's provided
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arno, ..........hmmmm are you staying on the same train, as normally this is a speedy service and you will get there too quick on the Eur0star/TGV...

I would have thought you would change at Paris for an overnighter.... TGV isn't really set up for O/N's... I'd be thinking.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, Don't think they do. Should be quite comfy tho.. earplugs/sleeping pills good idea.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, They give you a decent pack - mask, blanket - a small pillow (i think) all in a little duffle bag. My mum did it a few years ago and it was fine.

Good call on the Leisure Select - definately worth it
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cheers Nadenoodlee

JT, it's the overnight euro$tar direct from St Pancras to BSM. not expecting a great night's sleep but no worse than an overnight flight
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arno, You'll be spending quite a lot of time in sidings then....to bleed off the time..Laughing

What time from St P...?

P.S Greg will PM you soon ..
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
leaves at 2030; gets to BSM at about 730
i have done it before and my recollection (through the fug of being half asleep) is that it goes very slowly once you get off the main TGV line
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno, If you are comign back by eurostar overnight, keep the overnight pack, including the blanket - they dont; re-issue on the return journey (well, not in standard class anyway). The pack also included (last year) a pair of socks, L'Occitane lip salve and other odds and ends which I didn't use. The pillow was a blow-up neck pillow
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx, sounds positively luxurious!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've done this as well. It's not much different to an overnight flight - equally as bad if, like me, you can't sleep sitting up.

At least it's relatively hassle-free once you're settled in.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
On a flight you can recline the seats...the euro$star seats are fixed and annoyingly uncomfortable. At the least they were last time I tried it (a while ago now).

Arno, have you tried changing in Paris and taking the sleeper? It used to be cheaper and way more comfortable. Agian, haven't done it for a while though so may have changed (with the euro and all).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno, if there is any room (I know the seats are allocated in theory) try to get a seat in the middle of the carriage. The pneumatic doors at ether end of the carriage are very noisey.

We've done it twice, the goody bag was as described by Nadenoodlee the first time (I still use the bag itself for my sweaty gym kit) but the second time was just cheap polythene and less "gifts" (though I still think blanket, eyeshades and earplugs were included)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It always surprises me that people are willing to pay so much to sit up all night on a train, whereas everybody hates the idea of sitting up all night on a bus - for less cash.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the fact that i live 5 mins cab ride from St Pancras may influence my decision
and the quality of the cuisine on the train tends to be better Cool
and trains offer a much smoother ride Cool Cool
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arno, probably too late for you to read this before your departure, but i just did this journey in cattle class at the end of jan. was given a courtesy overnight bundle containing eye mask, blow-up pillow, ear plugs, blanket, l'occitane lip balm, moisturiser and toothpaste and toothbrush. keep it for the return journey as it's not handed out again. the seats in leisure select do recline - apparently enough to get some rest.

i was sat next to a family with 3 kids under 6... the 3yo cried for most of the night. i just shrugged cos the parents were apologetic, and they really tried everything but nothing worked to shut the little ankle-biter up. (considered opening and necking the contents of the bottle of russian standard i had with me. maybe it woulda worked on the munchkin?) "kids eh? who would have 'em?!" deffo not me.

didn't do the vodka in the end, but would deffo do the train again if i was heading to a resort served by the line. so much more civilised than others in the group i travelled with who ended up struggling for up to 12 hours to get from and back to geneva and various other airports. also got 8 days of proper riding in. way-hey!!!

hope your week is as brilliant as mine was! snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy