Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arlberg/St Anton skipass- valid in Lech?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I got some free flights to Friedrichshafen on 4th March, so I'm heading with two mates up to the Arlberg, staying just down the Klostertal side at Dalaas and commuting 10-15 mins up to Stuben/Rauz to access the skiing.

We'll be getting a 3-day Arlberg pass, does this definitely allow us to ski in Lech? I remember reading about non-residents being restricted in Lech. The website seems to indicate that it's only day passes that are restricted. Anyone know what the situation is? We definitely want to do at least 1 day in Lech.

Any other advice for skiing the Arlberg area also appreciated as it's a first time visit for me?
Is Sonnenkopf worthwhile or is it best to stick to St Anton/Lech?
Parking at Stuben or Rauz?
Car hire for a 21:15 arrival into Friedrichshafen?
Mountain restaurant recommendations?
Best runs, nothing too steep or deep, though? wink
Drive over to Lech or drive to Rauz and catch the free bus?

Thanks for any advice you have. snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Last season I didn't have problems skiing in Lech with a pass issued in St Anton. Can't help you with car or parking info. I can't remember a bad mountain restaurant in the Arlberg area. Watch yourself down hill of the Krazy Kangaruh during the late afternoon!
On piste, all the red and blue runs should be fine for most intermediates. Try to avoid Happy Valley in the late afternoon. Don't forget the Rendl area. Have a great time!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 20-02-09 21:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
luigi, Hi there. We've only stayed in Lech and from memory our Arlberg pass gave us 1 day in St Anton (but maybe I am remembering wrong and we just went there for 1 day). Your best bet is to visit http://www.lech-zuers.at/xxl/_lang/en/_season/at2/_area/585623/index.html and/or speak to the tourist office, they are very helpful.

I don't know St Anton but Lech has some beautiful, interrmediate pistes and as achilles, says, I've never encountered a bad mountain restaurant there. The KK or Mossewirt in St Anton are pretty full on apre ski places. Lech tends to be a bit more 'genteel' but neverthleless a fantastic place. I realise you have only a few days, but try the White Ring (info on website).

Enjoy!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
luigi, The Arlberg pass definitely covers Stuben, St Anton, Lech, Zurs, St Christoph and Sonnenkopf. They do restrict lift passes to Lech BUT only if max number of visitors exceeded (40 odd thousand folk I think) I would think it highly unlikely and would only really apply if Lech was the only place with snow in the region. Think the restriction only applies to day visitors so if you've bought a 3 day pass then absolutely nothing to worry about.

Parking available in Rauz and Stuben - can't comment as we've always used buses/taxis etc. Might be worth your while ditching the car one day so you can experience the Mooserwirt and general apres madness. Sonnenkopf is apparently fantastic, although some of the regulars will shoot me down for letting the cat out the bag - also if you're staying at Dalaas, Sonnenkopf will be the closest skiing to you.

Skiing around Lech is really nice - cruisy blues, heated seat on chair lifts etc. Not much in the way of mountain restaurants around Lech but plenty in Oberlech - Hotel Burg is a good spot with dead reasonable self service. Stuben is a cracking spot for lunch and skiing too - especially if you're into off piste. We usually visit the Gasthof Stuben twice during the week. I'm actually off to Stuben with family on 28th Feb. Rudalpe down from Oberlech and overlooking Lech is a nice spot too - good food. Although the Knoblauchsuppe will fend off all humans for at least 2 days!

Would agree that Rendl is a good choice - usually very quiet with good food at the top of gondola and a nicer one further down on the run back to St Anton.

My favourite runs are the 7km run to Stuben from Schindlerpitze - red 14 and one at the back of Lech number 35 Mohenmander (excuse the spellings) Both have a great gradient for getting some speed up.

Would definitely make the effort to spend some time at the Mooserwirt/Krazy Kanguruh and if you've got time head down to Picadilly (below Post Hotel) on main st to see Gunar play live.

Enjoy your stay
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies and recommendations, glad we will be able to join the Royal Families of the World & Bridget Jones in Lech. wink ..... as well as the mad partygoers in St Anton. Madeye-Smiley

boabski, you'll still be there when we arrive if you're going for a full week, let's hope we get some good weather, snow looks good now! snowHead

Might have to try Sonnenkopf, as it's so handy to where we're staying.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
luigi, I know. The boys I normally go to St Anton with went there yesterday and I think its snowing till Wednesday Little Angel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy