Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freeride Ski Trips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been thinking for a while now that what ski holiday companies offer is not what i want. i want my hard earned 7 days to be filled with as much of the finest freeride skiing the alps has to offer - not limited to one resort and hoping for good conditions. this year, i'm trying to put together a trip taking in a number of areas with the flexibility to divert off somewhere else should conditions dictate. should be great but a lot to organise and stuff to go wrong. anyone know of any freeride holiday companies that offer this sort of thing - maybe put together people with the same attitude - anyone have the same frustrations / looking for the same sort of thing?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Erm ......Hire car, appropriate valley town, internet & early starts - piece of the proverbial
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skinni, would I be ever so cynical to expect another new poster to pop up in this thread, and offer the answer to you prayer? Hey ho. Welcome to snowheads.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Camper van/motor home, internet access and a map of all the camping/motorhome sites.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
interestingly, i tried to offer a trip a bit like this in my capacity as an organiser of eagle ski club meets and got very little interest compared with previous trips where a definite venue was mentioned. ended up cancelling it and having a very jolly long weekend in alpe d'huez instead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You probably need to do what most of us now do..... get a circle of contacts - now friends- and just go...

It is very hard to say you will just follow the snow...as then you need to go at a day or so's notice and that is hard work..

Just pick a time window, get everyone ready and do it.

We do many a road trip but moving around too often takes up skiing time and is tiring itself...

The best we have done is 3 places over 2 weeks and we were pretty lucky with the snow.

Now we do long weekends.....

TYou do need to know that everyone is up for the same sort of skiing...so not easy..

Or... pick a valley of desination and then come on here to see who is about....but if you are talking freeriding, then you need to be compatible with your group...or they, to you..etc etc etc
Probaly not an easy and quick way of doing things...

Try Skierslodge or some such and see how your contacts go................
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does the poster 'offpisteskiing' on here not offer similar trips/guiding in certain valleys?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skinni, we used to offer ski randonne, a different resort with guide for 5/6 days in the Haute Tarentaise, so you could ski Ste Foy, Val d'Isere, Tignes, Les Arcs and La Thuile from our chalet in La Rosiere. Very little interest as Arno has posted but the guides from the ESF in La Rosiere loved it. Gave them the chance to ski some of their favourite pitches and route with the option oh heli-skiing if required. If you contact the ESF in La Rosiere they'll quote you a daily rate for a guide and arrange transceivers, transport and itineries.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 20-02-09 23:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skinni, You also need to be sure whether you're really talking freeriding or just regular off pisting - that would certainly make people incompatible! Shocked
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skinni, I just saw this post. If you are keen to do it this season, drop me a PM. Anyone else that might be interested is also always welcome to get in touch as well.

I take people on this kind of tour quite often based from Bourg. Go where the snow is. Some people market it as the 9 valley or even the 12 valley tour. Me I just call it back country fun, go where the best snow is on the day. Happy riding. Oh yes, and I do this for fun not for a living.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks for the thoughts and feedback

David L - are you still running the chalet and putting trips of this sort together?

Snowcrazy - very interested, do you do the guiding or use ESF or similar?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy